Painted my Steggy Eaton with Krylon Wrinkle Paint

LGHTNG02GT

Established Member
after seeing this, i went out and did my B-head intake manifold with this. thanks for sharing the pictures guys!! i too am pleased with how my upper lid turned out

LGHTNG02GT

Established Member
i got 2 crappy cell phone pictures here::

upper1.jpg

cant really see the 'wrinkle' texture in the picture but it stands out in person.

upper2.jpg

here you can get a better idea of what it looks like. i think it turned out really nice for a $4 can of paint. if i'm not mistaken, i believe this stuff is heat resistant to like 200-300 degrees. it should be alright for the intake manifold and maybe even valve covers.

mustang_guy

Established Member
Looks awesome!
Id like to do thw coil covers on my 2012 5.0, they are plastic so I can't bake them in the oven. Does anyone know if a heat gun will do the job?

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
Im about to pick up my new blower this week and was really interested in painting it. I really like the wrinkle effect. Is putting it in the oven or using a heat gun necessary? I dont have a heat gun but i might be able to cop one from work for a little. And im just a little hesitant on putting my blower in the oven. Did you do this with the painters tape on there?

hookandpull

Established Member
Heat gun and oven is not necessary. I just do it because I am impatient. And what exactly are you asking with the painters tape?

hookandpull

Established Member
FYI heat induces the wrinkle effect quicker. You can also just use a blow dryer this way to make sure you sprayed a thick coat on evenly.

tmedic

04OxfordWhiteVert
Established Member
think he means when you cured it in the oven did you leave the painters tape on? or already remove it prior to baking?

foxman92

Its slow
Established Member
i left the painters tape on it while i baked mine.. i also picked up some RED wrinkle paint, and done my valve covers.. it all turned out great.. i just hope it all holds up over time/heat from the engine..

Users who are viewing this thread