Painted my own HE

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Wondering what all ya'll think 3 inch lettering. Thinking about 4 inch but might be to big. I know it's little spaced out that's why I think the 4 inch might look a little better but will probaly cover most of the HE. I also took out the HE grill for the pic. With the grill it's alot more hidden that why I'm thinking 4.

dsc00177cq8.jpg

Arm

Established Member
This is a nice touch, but that stencil font really cheapens the total effect. It'd be five times more badass if you had some less generic lettering. It looks like exactly what it is. You threw on a stencil and spray painted it. You could have a nice looking stencil made at fedex kinkos, using a nice block font that looks less "microsoft word" meets "home depot" for relativly cheap. that being said, its still neat. GJ

BLOOWN03

Banned
Looks good! I'm going to look into doing that 2 mine! But with maybe..BLOOWN..or WHIPPLE..WHIPPLED.. something different!

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
1200 degree engine paint, and its a Gordsford HE and I didn't know kinko's made stencils, I will difinitely look into that one. Probaly check them out tommorrow. I was debating to go a little bigger and 4 inch is just too big, maybe i'll try 3 1/2 since they probaly make them cutom. Good idea thanks.

dsc00154md4.jpg

Also I took of the HE protector off for the pic and with it on you barely can see it, that why I wanted to go bigger.

Last edited:

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
Looks good, but I agree that you should get new stencils made with the correct font.

BLUEPSTU

Veni Vidi Vici
Established Member
Some people told me it might be bad to paint heat exchangers even though you can buy some made that way. They said it may mess with the temps by having paint on the fins. So I went a little diff route. I bought aluminum gutter guard (the stuff that you put on your gutters to keep leaves out) from Home Depot. It cost $1.47 for a sheet. I printed off letters on the printer and stenciled them and painted. I just bolted it in with the stock bolts from the heat exchanger. I painted my user name from all other forums on it. The good thing about this is it serves as a protector for the HE. You all know how rocks fly up and bend the fins.

STA70431.jpg

black 10th vert

Established Member
That looks fantastic! Is it the metal gutter guard, or plastic? Hard to tell from the pic...

BLUEPSTU

Veni Vidi Vici
Established Member
Thanks for the compliments everyone. I did that about a week after I bought the car. I took my first pics of the car the day after I put that on and posted the pics on here. I was just trying to show others the car I got but several guys wrote and said the car looks nice but you need to take that mesh stuff off. I was like thanks for your opinion but I just put it on and I think I'll keep it there!

:shrug:

akula51

Me
Established Member
It goes with that color, man. Not my cup of tea, but it's very crisp and clean looking. I'll just get a new H/E when the fins get too mangled...laugh. I gotta ask, what's with the 'SVT' on the seats?

Ack

Users who are viewing this thread