Painted grille black, thoughts?

Kozak_SVT

Of Their Own Accord
Established Member
Took off the grilles to install a black billet grille setup, but didnt fit or im too dumb to figure it out (google nor the instructions helped at all), but i liked the all black look so i decided to test paint the stock grilles gloss black. Used a Krylon High Gloss Black paint and it looked nice, getting them professionally done this week.
nROcuAEl.jpg

VtMjn8ll.jpg

ejYUtAml.jpg

vrdMdqll.jpg

Bmj3tasl.jpg

Also im stuck on what to do with the wheels, i love the idea of murdered black, but these trucks look good and bad with black wheels depending on angle etc.

Shhhh

Established Member
I like the black grill but I think having the Ford oval in the middle would look better.

Kozak_SVT

Of Their Own Accord
Established Member
I like the black grill but I think having the Ford oval in the middle would look better.

Didnt paint that lolol, just a sticker to see how everything looks blacked out. It looks tacky so ill be taking it off once the grilles come back from the paint shop.

MG0h3

Established Member
Same traffic. Looks great!

I know the Blue Oval is supposed to be blue...but is there a way to have the FORD text in there with a black background? I mean blue may be best, but looks like youre blacking it out kinda

FourSixPony

SLO GT
Established Member
Black looks better, if there was a way to keep the oval black and get red ford lettering then that would be awesome and would match the SVT emblem.

MG0h3

Established Member
Black looks better, if there was a way to keep the oval black and get red ford lettering then that would be awesome and would match the SVT emblem.

Id like to see white or silver lettering. Id be afraid the red lettering might look a little fast&furious/autozonish with the red SVT emblem already....maybe not though:shrug:

Kozak_SVT

Of Their Own Accord
Established Member

That would be perfect, i think someone makes those in here, cant remember his name though.

Kozak_SVT

Of Their Own Accord
Established Member
Id like to see white or silver lettering. Id be afraid the red lettering might look a little fast&furious/autozonish with the red SVT emblem already....maybe not though:shrug:

Would maybe look better than the black sticker, dunno. I like the acute red accent i have with the truck, but i agree too much red does look autozonish lmao.

candyroush

Established Member
Black grille looks great! I was on the fence about it, and decided to just go for it. Glad I did!
IMG_20150313_115528_zpss1hgzqa9.jpg

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I think a black ford emblem with silver/grey lettering to match the wheels would look really nice.

Also, red calipers to compliment that SVT badge.

Users who are viewing this thread