Painted Calipers show em!

BLUBYU2

Established Member
So who out there has painted there calipers yet? Mine have gone from medium gray to almost no color at all. I have no idea how this could have happened already. The car has never seen rain or snow. Im thinking about going with a bright red with the cobra logo polished and painting the caliper mounting bracket a gun metal gray or black.

BLUBYU2

Established Member
You guys are a** holes. : ) JK Maybe I should have popped for the extra couple of grand for the painted ones, but then I couldn't have the color I have. :burn:

jream

mods, DAMN peer pressure!
Established Member
Originally posted by SnkBtn99
Is there a good link out there that anyone is aware of of a good painting process ?

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/g2/caliper_paint.jsp
this is the place we bought the paint kit from...
detailed instructions are online and came with it. worked pretty good. it's a few bucks more than the other methods of masking off all the wheel wells and covering all the stuff you don't want sprayed when you use spray paint... but it came with everything you need to do it. and you don't have to cover all the underside and misc parts you don't want painted since it's done with a brush.

eiblish

Established Member
:coolman: I agree with JREAM on the G2 recommendation. Comes in a range of colors, includes the prep kit, and stands up to any heat you can provide. Simple to apply....with a little patience. Mine looks new after 18 months.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
I used the G2 on my 01 vert and they looked as shiny as my detailed car. I would put Zaino on them to keep them protected and looking new. G2 is the only way to go!!

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
20M-3.jpg

NC Cobra

Established Member
I bought all the stuff to paint my calipers about six months ago and it's still in the bag. I could not bring myself to get a can of spray paint around the Cobra, and was just too lazy to take the calipers off to paint them. When I saw the kit from G2 I ordered it on the spot. This weekend it goes on. Thanks to the guys that posted about this product...looks like the best way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread