Paint Shops? *HELP PLEASE*

TheFranchise

Established Member
I need to find a GOOD Auto Body shop out here in California. Im in the Palm Springs area but am willing to drive a good distance to get the work done for a good job and a good price.

I have already been approved by my Insurance with a quote from Ford, but I somewhat want to stay away from Ford. They told me if I wanted to take it to a different shop it was fine.

So my questions are as follows:

1) How much would it cost to paint the outside of the vehicle the same color (Silver)?

2) How much would it cost to change the color to Black?

3) How much to paint just the front and replace the headlights, foglights, winidshield, grille?

Any and all opinions are greatly appreciated. This needs to get done in the next month or so.

Thanks in advance!
Cody

Feel free to call me at my cell (832) 228-4891 or e-mail me at [email protected]

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
1) Anywhere from $4K to $5K for factory or better.

2) Don't do it....will co$t a small fortune to paint everything properly all black.Your
best bet is to start with a black L to begin with.

3) Anywhere from $2K to $3K.

Network...network...network...that is the only way to find a good shop.Unfortunately,
I don't live out that way so....sorry.

The painting is the easy part.....prep-work is the "Mother-Fooker!!!".

Do not skimp....or you will not be happy.

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
Also......the bigger the city or town(usually co$t$ more).Smaller towns are usually
cheaper.Pricing on paint is weird???

FordFanStan

Established Member
Cody, if you listen to the focktard on socal I feel sorry for you. I believe I told you in the past, speak to 02SilverBullet. I have already referred a handful of customers to him and not one has complained. The prices are decent, alot cheaper than what is mentioned above, has a warranty, and it will be performed by the largest paint and autobody chain in the country. They are located in the SD outskirts area... Stan

02SILVERBULLET

horsepower addict
Established Member
as for a color change there is no way i can do cheaper 4-6k easy maybe less but you would have to go to a shop of ours, see if they even want to tackle a complete paint job based on workload and once they have completed the estimate i could have them lower the rates to gove you a good size discount. if you are in palm springs we have shops in both indio and Cat. city, i am good with both of the managers and would have no issue saving you sobe bucks but still expect to spend 2k+ depending on whats done. pm me for my info and i can talk to you over the phone.

Users who are viewing this thread