Paint on SVTPP Rims Failing and Falling Off

MrUnsubtleNinja

Established Member
Hey Guys,

Just thought I'd bring a problem I'm having to your attention. My rims, which have NOT been curbed, have paint chipping off and also falling apart and peeling off. Attached are done pictures to show you what I mean.

d15b6bab-3aa2-58a3.jpg

d15b6bab-3aba-6117.jpg

d15b6bab-3ae0-3f63.jpg

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
Yeah I can't imagine how that would just be paint coming off. Especially that last picture. That looks like something hit it or scraped it.

Have you used any cleaner on the rims? Some cleaners can screw up rims.

bpmurr

Established Member
Yeah it looks like some large road debris hit your wheel. That's not typical bad paint flaking. Interesting to see if they fix it under warranty.

Last edited:

MrUnsubtleNinja

Established Member
Haven't used any cleaners, have no clue what might have hit them but I'm going into Ford ASAP about this cause it's very, very strange...

MrUnsubtleNinja

Established Member
Also those are pictures of two different rims, front and rear, so this problem doesn't seem to be isolated to one specific rim.

specizripn

Established Member
My girlfriends wheel looked very similar the day she got her tire popped. She drove her camaro over some debris accidentally and some metal shit popped a tire and scratched the rim in a very similar manor to the last picture. Hope ford warranties it, and the best of luck!

MrUnsubtleNinja

Established Member
Yes they are and the problem is in pretty much the same place on both so I don't know what would/could have hit them in the same place.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
Don't know but it's such an odd issue and does not look like flaking. The fact they are on same side of car also leans towards something like debris.
Take it to Ford. Who knows.

BossAnaki

Established Member
It may be possible that when the car was pulled off the transport the wheel scraped on the side off the transport ramp.

MrUnsubtleNinja

Established Member
But if it was scraped then would outermost parts of the rim be scraped too? This makes no sense to be because it's in part of the rim the would have to be hit at a massively retarded angle to cause this to happen. If it was hit by road debris I would have heard it, especially with that kind of damage.

BossAnaki

Established Member
But if it was scraped then would outermost parts of the rim be scraped too? This makes no sense to be because it's in part of the rim the would have to be hit at a massively retarded angle to cause this to happen. If it was hit by road debris I would have heard it, especially with that kind of damage.

Just throwing it out there.

MrUnsubtleNinja

Established Member
Turns out that even if Ford won't fix it, the extended body damage warranty I bought should cover repairing the rims... I hope at least.

Users who are viewing this thread