Paint Help Please!

trueblueeyes

Established Member
Hi folks. I really need some photoshop help and opinions please! My car is currently being prepped for a complete repaint (1997 Pacific Green Cobra).
While waiting on the delivery of my S281 wing, 03 Cobra mirrors, and export fender flares (I know, I know..but I like 'em...lol) I've been considering paint options. Not sure whether to go back solid PG or to add some black for a custom touch. If yes to the black, how much? Just the roof and the pillars or extend across the entire top of the car? Also thought about painting the tail light bezels. I'll attach some pictures below so everyone knows what I am talking about. Unfortunately, I do not have any good pics of my car so i am going to post a pic of another PG Cobra I have saved on my PC, along with pictures of some custom painted cars. I'm not sure who all the owners are; so apologies in advance if I offend someone by posting a pic of their car (just post, PM, or e-mail and I will remove them). First here is a Pacific Green Cobra for reference (don't know the owner):

pgcobra1id.jpg

trueblueeyes

Established Member
I don't have photoshop (and don't have the skills to do a decent one if I did) so any help would be appreciated. Thoughts welcome...opinions, criticisms, whatever...let me have them. Thanks everyone!

Melissa
[email protected]

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
Wait, 03 Cobra mirrors? Are they custom or do they just bolt up?

As far as the paint goes, I would just go solid Pacific Green. I dont think the black and this particualr green would go well together.

trueblueeyes

Established Member
WyoTechMSA said:
Wait, 03 Cobra mirrors? Are they custom or do they just bolt up?

As far as the paint goes, I would just go solid Pacific Green. I dont think the black and this particualr green would go well together.

The 03-04 Cobra mirrors bolt right up. A member on this forum (COBRASVT) has them on a chrome yellow vert (beautiful car). You can see pics on his website:http://www.cobrasvt.com/

Melissa

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
Damn I had no idea, I so want to do that now. Thanks.

Personaly if I had a PG Cobra, as far as exterior mods, I would go with an S281 spoiler, 18 Chrome Bullits, Smoked headlights, and a nice drop. I think that would look real sick with that green. But if I were to do a 2 tone like you're considering I wouldnt use black, maybe DSG or Mineral Grey, you know something different.

Last edited:

trueblueeyes

Established Member
Thanks! I might consider that. Noticed the title under your username...Do you own a Bright Atlantic Blue Cobra? If so, I am jealous..beautiful color!

Anyone else have recommendations? Photoshop gurus, if you read this please help!

Thanks,
Melissa

CY98Cobra

Established Member
My vote goes for Solid PG. But if you want to go two tone I agree that PG is not the best with black, although I've never seen it so I could be completely wrong.

If I were you I'd go PG and with the money you save not going two tone I'd buy a set of Chrome FR500's.

But definitely get the S281. It completely changed the look of my car.

coolguy10786

Established Member
Seems like the people that know photoshop hang out in Pics and video buffet, you could try posting a request in there

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
Don't do black/PG. There's not enough contrast there I don't think. At night it'll look especially wierd. I'de do PG with some DSG (maybe a shade lighter than DSG) accents. Mine's gonna look exactly like EA's in a couple months, only it'll be tangerine-orange instead of red, and I just sold my chrome Cobra R's for black deep-dish Cobra R's.

Users who are viewing this thread