Paint, decals, and will it stick?

61mmstang94

Established Member
So my car scraped the wall last year at the track.

Got it back together but the whole driver side is primered still.

I'm going to be painting it soon and think I wanna go satin black (not the flat chalky look some people have). But it's a satin with a little shine.

This is the color:
cam69swe_070416.jpg

Now my next thing was I know it's going to need something to break up the car to look good.

I am thinking of going with some Shelby-style vinyl stripes (in either gloss black or gloss red).

I don't like the car, but I like the "theme" of it:

front2.jpg

My stripes would be solid gloss red. But its just the color combo i kinda like.

Ive also thought about going with some blue stripes but unsure. I'm leaning most towards the gloss black stripes still since they'd be subtle but add some good effect.

Now my question is will vinyl stick to a satin paint without any issues?

Last edited:

allister

Established Member
Will stick fine as long as it's good quality outdoor vinyl. They say at least wait a few weeks for paint to dry or "cure" before applying vinyl. I personally would wait a few months to be safe.

61mmstang94

Established Member
I also think this one looks good but it just needs something to help break it up. And mine is on polished billet Specities.

I was thinking gloss black gt500 stripes on it and gloss black lower rocker panel stripe (also like gt500) but it'll say "mustang" instead.

DSCN8213-1.jpg

Last edited:

61mmstang94

Established Member
Yeah the more I've been thinking some wide gloss black stripes on it. Ill keep you in mind when I got to pick what I do.

I know some people hate anything w/o gloss clear coat on it but I'm think it looks good when done right with the right accents

Last edited:

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
IMHO stripes look good on the top of the car,not going down the rear, front decks or rockers.
The camaro looks good less the red wheels and stripes on the splitter.
Gloss black would be cool but hard to get right. Can you play with Photoshop to get a visual on what it would look like?

61mmstang94

Established Member
IMHO stripes look good on the top of the car,not going down the rear, front decks or rockers.
The camaro looks good less the red wheels and stripes on the splitter.
Gloss black would be cool but hard to get right. Can you play with Photoshop to get a visual on what it would look like?

I agree on how I think stripes typically look better just on the hood/roof/top of decklid on trunk (and not on front bumper/rear bumper).

But....that's also usually when the stripes have a strong contrast with the body color. The gloss black on satin black is going to be more subtle so maybe it'd look better?

I'm bad with photo shop as well and I can't find pics of this combo already done to an sn95...

Users who are viewing this thread