paint beyond saving?

SeeWill99

Established Member
So I've had my cobra for a little over a year and the paint has seen better days. When I got it it looked decent, like it should've for the mileage, typical little chips and scratches and the like.

So after a year and a couple months, there has been significant flaking of paint off the roof (found a few ding repairs that was done very poorly) and various signs that the hood, rear bumper, and front bumper had been replaced and painted with a single stage paint (primer, color and clear in one) without the proper prep or maybe on top of sealer that had sat for too long.

Anyone have any experience with maybe trying to fix something in this situation?

I'm debating weather to try and get some touch up paint and try and fix the various chips and scratches or just wait and do it up right with a full paint job

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
By your description anything short of a full respray will be like putting lipstick on a pig. I'd suggest repainting it CORRECTLY.... If you don't have the cash for that right now you can dip it with a full kit for about 500 bucks.-..... Dipyourcar.com

Users who are viewing this thread