pain meds

upside

AWD V8
Established Member
i dont understand how people can crave pain medication.

i know a few people who are addicted to pain meds, one guy i know says he takes them to "escape from reality" :nonono:

Saturday I sufferd a shoulder separation when i crashed my mountain bike.

I tore and separated the ligaments connecting to my shoulder blade and collar bone. Im not one to usualy complain about pain but this is a lil too uncomfortable for me.

I was prescribed Percocet but got the cheap stuff Oxycodone. and let me tell you i would almost rather have the pain then to deal with the "loopy" feeling from these meds.

i like to be alert and sharp at all times, but now the words on the screen are starting to blur so im going to cut this post short.

plus typing with one hand sucks.

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Everyones different man. Some people get addicted to pain meds very easily and love the feeling of them. Others, like you absolutely hate it and the feeling it brings about.

Good for you because pain medication can become extremely addicting and it definitely affects many, many people.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I was prescribed Percocet but got the cheap stuff Oxycodone. and let me tell you i would almost rather have the pain then to deal with the "loopy" feeling from these meds.

i like to be alert and sharp at all times, but now the words on the screen are starting to blur so im going to cut this post short.

I know what you mean, I'm the same way. It's one of the main reasons I don't really drink, I can't stand losing alertness or control.

Cobra Was Here

I Miss My Cobra
Established Member
I've never abused painmeds, but I understand why some people like them. Aren't they one of the top abused drugs in America, next to maybe coke or meth? They're highly addictive.

Speedylifsavr

Established Member
When used properly and not abused pain meds can serve their purpose . When abused and not taken as prescribed or as directed is when you get into trouble . The injury you have sounds very painful . If you dont like the side efffects maybe only take them before bed to help you rest . You can also break the pill in half and take half the dose . Make sure you take them with food and plenty of water . If you take them on an empty stomach the side effects will be magnified .

chrisheltra

Established Member
Im on 10mg of percocet every 4 hours right now because I had my gall bladder removed and to be honest with you I wouldnt be able to feel any difference if I was taking advil right now.

My family has a very high tolerance to pain meds.

The best pain killer for me is beer.

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
I have a long term injury that requires me to take pain meds daily.
You get used to it, but it can become a problem if you don't watch yourself.

upside

AWD V8
Established Member
i just woke up from a 5 hour nap as a result from my last dose :fm:

god i hate being injured

lokslikasolstic

Mrs. 203Cree
Established Member
When I had my hand surgery last month they prescribed the same thing. I stopped taking them after the first day because of the exact same reason. They actually also made me sick even though I took them on a full stomach.

90_red_lx

ASLOW50
Established Member
Pain meds have their place, but are one of the easiest things available to develop a dependency on. I really try to avoid them if I can reasonably stand the pain.

Users who are viewing this thread