Paging Wheel And Tire Experts

apexasphalt

Storm
Established Member
well guys i have a silver 10th with Y2K cobra r rims. they are 18 x 9.5 and i really like the way they look i just hate the back wheel and tire. i have a 285 35 on the back and they look a little to wide for the wheel for the look i want but the tire isn't wide enough over all for me.. i want the low profile look not a big tire muscle car look. it's not that bad it just bothers me and i want to do something about it. so..... i was thinking about getting the back wheel widened to maybe 11 inch so i can put a 295 on there and the tire will roll in towards the car ( i think ) either that or go with some fr500 wheels. but then i'll have to buy 4 new rims.

so which way do you think will be cheaper??

if i would get the wheel widened to 11 inch i'm gonna need a spacer right so it will have clearance and to get the wheel to be more in line with the fender right???( which is what i really want.)

do you guys know anywhere to get this done in San Jose CA??

what are the drawbacks of widening a wheel?? are they dangerous??

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Are you widening FMS cobra rims or Knock offs? Based on quality alone, not education on the matter, I don't think I would widen a knock off rim. There are a few people who have widened FMS rims with great success for about $150 a pop. Do a search on here, there is a place I think in chicago that does it. As far as the wheel width and spacer goes it depends on what tires you go with. There are a ton of threads on this issue if you do a search. Read up HERE

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread