Paging SilverSnake

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
In an effort not to hijack someone elses thread, you mention from a previous post.

"IMHO, there are only three choices:

1) Magnaflows (or Magnapacks for those who want it really, really L O U D)

2) Borlas

3) Dynomax"

http://www.getleaner.com/don/z06.htm

There is a sound clip of my Z on a dyno, do any of these systems sound as loud? I love the deep throaty sound, I don't care about drone, popping, resonance, I just don't care. :)

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
Or anyone else for that matter

Can anyone else help me with getting the most sound out of my Cobra by chance?

:beer:

§ilver§nake

Quiet Thunder
Established Member
Going with an O/R X will really increase the volume; the cats, even high-flow cats, tone things down a bit. It's really hard to compare a sound file with reality; but, it seems that my Magnaflow CB, before baffles, sounded very similiar to your Borlas. I baffled mine to eliminate cabin drone. However, the baffles actually lowered the tone quite a bit, as well. The engine sounds more like 7.0 liters than 4.6 :-D .

Back to your question......

Magnapacks with an O/R X will be signifcantly louder than your Borlas. If you want to shatter glass for within a mile radius, go for it.:thumbsup:

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
Originally posted by §ilver§nake
Going with an O/R X will really increase the volume; the cats, even high-flow cats, tone things down a bit. It's really hard to compare a sound file with reality; but, it seems that my Magnaflow CB, before baffles, sounded very similiar to your Borlas. I baffled mine to eliminate cabin drone. However, the baffles actually lowered the tone quite a bit, as well. The engine sounds more like 7.0 liters than 4.6 :-D .

Back to your question......

Magnapacks with an O/R X will be signifcantly louder than your Borlas. If you want to shatter glass for within a mile radius, go for it.:thumbsup:

Sounds good, thank you.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
If you want it loud and mean sounding then QMP is the way to go. When I had my cats out it was very loud and mean, since my car is a daily driver I decided to tone it down so I installed the cats and now it is slightly louder then stock. In comparision my old 95 Cobra had O/R H-pipe by Pacesetter and flowmasters 2-chamber cat-back system and this exhaust was much louder. Then again you can run without any exhaust just right of the down pipes. I had my system off of my car to make some modifications yesterday and started it up and it sounds awesome. My wife was inside my house on the other side of my house and came flying outside to find out what I was doing because it was scaring my kids.:lol:

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
My wife was inside my house on the other side of my house and came flying outside to find out what I was doing because it was scaring my kids

That is the sound I am talking about :)

§ilver§nake

Quiet Thunder
Established Member
Originally posted by toofast4u
...My wife was inside my house on the other side of my house and came flying outside to find out what I was doing because it was scaring my kids.:lol:

worshippy.gif

whitesnake03

Venomous Tennessean
Established Member
SilverSnake

Is there any places to buy bafles for a 4" tip? I am thinking of going to magnaflows to knock it down a notch, but you said it you had cabin drone? What do you recommend?
Now I get cabin dron and cabin loudness, kinda like stock car racing sound inside the cabin? :lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread