Paging '95 & '00 Cobra R owners

Dave Schotz

SCCA Racer
Established Member
Hey guys... as some of you know... I sold the '95 R... and am looking for a Front Sway bar.

I don't know if any of you have a 'caliper' to measure the diameter of your bar... but I am looking for a Factory 33mm Hollow bar... which supposedly came on the '95 R's.

What size came on the 2000R's?

If anyone has one they would be willing to even 'rent me' for the season... I would definitely return it afterwords... as well as I would be willing to purchase one... if someone knew where I could get a 33mm Front Bar.

I do know of the Steeda 35mm & the Addco 35mm. I really would like a 32/33MM Hollow.

Thanks!

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
Hi Dave,

I have my stock 2000R sway bar that I don't need. I replaced it with a Steeda tubular one. I'll check to see what the diameter is.

Cobra-R

Established Member
Dave

I am pretty sure the 95R stock swaybar is 30mm. I measured mine and also confirmed it with some 95R material I have at home.

Brian

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by Dave Schotz
Yeah... my '95 was 30mm also... but on Steeda's website they show a 33mm?

Thanks!

Dave

Hmm, thats weird.

BTW: Does anyone have softer front swaybars that they are willing to sell. I am thinking 25mm, 27mm, and 29MM

Thanks, Brian

Dave Schotz

SCCA Racer
Established Member
'03 Cobra's have a 29mm that is nice!

My '04 Mach 1 came with I think a Solid 25mm... or a hollow 27... can't remember.

Dave

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
I checked SVT's website for the specs on the 95 and 00 Rs. The 95 has a 30mm as Brian correctly noted. The 00 has a 28 mm tubular bar. As I said before, it's available so just let me know if you want it.

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by Flying Fred
I checked SVT's website for the specs on the 95 and 00 Rs. The 95 has a 30mm as Brian correctly noted. The 00 has a 28 mm tubular bar. As I said before, it's available so just let me know if you want it.

Fred,
If Dave doesn't want it, I would be interested. Let me know what you want for it. :)

Brian

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra-R
Fred,
If Dave doesn't want it, I would be interested. Let me know what you want for it. :)

Brian
But it won't fit your Z06!:lol1:
Just kidding - it's yours if Dave doesn't need it.

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by Terry Moenich
Brian, why the interest in a softer bar?

With my new setup, most of my suspension tuning will be done with the front swaybar, the rear swaybar is now adjustable, so finer tuning will be done with that.

On the old setup, I could do most of my adjusting with raising and lowering the panard bar(as well as spring changes) which would raise and lower the roll center, but the roll center will basically be fixed now. If I can find used swaybars that others have taken off cheap, I can use them for tuning at different tracks. (at least till I find out what I like) The smaller swaybars are what people are usually removing, so there should be very little value to them on the open market other than as trophy for a garage wall. ;)

Brian

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Originally posted by Cobra-R
With my new setup, most of my suspension tuning will be done with the front swaybar, the rear swaybar is now adjustable, so finer tuning will be done with that.

Brian

Brian, I am interested in your new set up. Have you posted it in another thread?

Or, what do you think about this? I have the 1000 lb springs up front and also have the original swaybar in back, and I am installing an adjustable rear bar (also). I was hoping to better tune the set-up. Am I going in the right direction? (Tok. 5 ways, cc plates, hoosiers).

Thanks...doc...

Users who are viewing this thread