Pad agressiveness

01satinsilver

Official NJ MACA Pimp
Established Member
I have oxidation and way too many spiderwebs in the paint. The light cut pad with SSR 2.5 did a good job of cleaning up 75% of the scratches but there is iss deep oxidation and looks like little pit marks although you cant feel them to the touch. My question is now how much more agressive is the Lake country yellow pad over the orange? Or should I try again with a stronger compound Like SSR 3. Any advise is appreciated

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
You will notice a *slight* increase in aggressiveness with the yellow pad/2.5

I think you would be happier with an orange pad and Optimum Hyper Compound, followed with orange/2.5, white/2.5

Some paint flaws won't come out with polishing, as they truly are etched into the clear and can only be wetsanded out, if they are going to come out at all.

Polishing can only do so much in certain situations.

Good luck.

01satinsilver

Official NJ MACA Pimp
Established Member
The hyper compound says it should be used with a rotary instead of a PC will it produce the same results?

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
It is best used with a rotary, but yeilds good results when used with PC/speed 6, orange or yellowpad.

Pick up some 4" pads if you have some really bad areas.

Juztang

Obsessive Detail
Established Member
I would try the orange light cutting pad with the Optimum Compound like mbglr said. I've had great results with it.

jcobra

Established Member
I cant get the lake county pads to stay attached at any speed over 3. The sonus pads are fine though.

Juztang

Obsessive Detail
Established Member
I have never had a problem with the Lake Country pads coming off. That is weird.

01satinsilver

Official NJ MACA Pimp
Established Member
Juztang said:
I have never had a problem with the Lake Country pads coming off. That is weird.

+1 and I have gone through about a dozen pads on different cars so far.

Thanks guys for the input

BLK_03

Established Member
jcobra said:
I cant get the lake county pads to stay attached at any speed over 3. The sonus pads are fine though.

I had a similar issue. I changed the backing plate on the PC (to a new Lake Country backing plate if I remember right) and have had no problems since. I believe Lake Country pads are the best out there.

Users who are viewing this thread