PA Performance / Aftermarket Alternators? Anyone with feedback?

9804SNAKES

Established Member
I have been looking to replace my alternator on my '98 Cobra. The Original lasted long and the Ford reman lasted only about 3 years.

I am looking at PA Performance as they are not remans, but brand new units. Any experiences with them, bad or good?

Any info on other aftermarket units or is everyone pretty much going with the Ford remans? Thanks in advance.:beer:

Last edited:

zinc

Established Member
Threw one on my old terminator when my alternator burned up and didn't have a problem with it for two years. Im in contact with the guy that bought my car and he hasn't had issues with it either. My initial take is that they were good alternatives.

98cobraRx

98 Chrome Yellow
Established Member
I highly recommend Start-N-Charge. I just purchased on for my terminator (160a). I have heard about people having issues with PA. Jamie is the guys name. Very good guy with excellent customer service. He also sells 120a.

9804SNAKES

Established Member
I highly recommend Start-N-Charge. I just purchased on for my terminator (160a). I have heard about people having issues with PA. Jamie is the guys name. Very good guy with excellent customer service. He also sells 120a.

Threw one on my old terminator when my alternator burned up and didn't have a problem with it for two years. Im in contact with the guy that bought my car and he hasn't had issues with it either. My initial take is that they were good alternatives.

Thanks to both of you. I read the thread in reference to the Start in Charges in the Termi Forum. Apparently the Termis are way worse off than the N/A guys most likely due to heat and location. Anyway I am going to go with another Ford Rebuilt. Makes the most sense for me right now.

Chuck

LOVESBOOST

Established Member
I had 3 PA alts.....all 3 were junk....after abotu 3 weeks on each they burned up. Went back to stock and haven't had a problem in 5yrs

Users who are viewing this thread