PA - Just received a ticket for someone else (no BS)

Spade

Established Member
If you want to fight it you have to go to court. If you don't want to pay it you could flee the country. Otherwise let our wonderful government shove another stiff one up your rear and pay it (who says freedom isn't free?).

If you want to try to avoid future issues with regards to maintaining your freedom to drive at a safe speed without danger or injury to others you could purchase a radar detector.

Your best option is to become another voice that tries to convince others that 'speeding' 7 over doesn't kill people, but it gives the government the right to harass and tax the innocent unjustly. The law should be changed to only enforce reckless and careless driving, with steep penalties for guilt, for those that are truly endangering those around them.

Lack of paying attention and predictability are the two causes of traffic problems on the roads.

Radar detectors don't work all the time.

The same exact thing happened to my girlfriend, she was going over the speed limit, however. I found it odd that the officer pulled her over, only asked for her license and very quickly gave her a ticket and said that it was only a fine and no points. RIGHT AFTER we pulled back onto the highway the officer flipped his lights on and pulled the next person over.... The other odd thing is, I was talking to a friend of mine who was going well over the posted speed limit, passed someone (went around them) in the left lane through a radar trap, and the person that was passed got pulled over.... All of this happening right in the same area, which I am guessing is where the op was also stopped.

With the in car computers and printers it take a matter of minutes to print a citation. They will most likely have your vehicle info read for the citation prior to stopping. Then its a matter of entering license number and the violation and the computer does the rest. A stop could literally be five minutes.

As for the officer pulling out and stopping another there could have been an officer running speed and relaying the info to the officer(s) stopping vehicles.

Thanks for all of the input. Still digesting everything.

Thanks, I might just do this as I grudgingly part with $111 of my hard earned money.

It sucks but I think its your best option.

Yep, this happened in York PA on 83 near the market street exit. There were at least 3 LEO cars pulling people over.

Hlistr_07RR

Angel's Daddy
Established Member
This hasn't been said but were you doing 70 prior to seeing the officer? Sometimes they run radar hidden and radio the speeds/car description/lane to someone just ahead.

highdensity007

Best wifey EVAR!
Established Member
Update, I just said F it and paid it :(

This hasn't been said but were you doing 70 prior to seeing the officer? Sometimes they run radar hidden and radio the speeds/car description/lane to someone just ahead.

No, I drive home, one way 42 miles everyday for work and always hover around 60 (even in the short 65 zone I drive 60) usually 61ish at most. My days of speeding have been over for several years. I'd admit it if there was a chance I was doing 70, but there wasn't this time. Anything I've received in the past, I deserved. This, I did not deserve.

I do plan on writing a letter to both complain about the officer forcing me to pull over on an exit ramp with 3 feet of shoulder where I did not feel safe and I was 75 yards from a parking lot to pull into, and his attitude of when I he pulled me over. I'll also mention that if I was going 70 I would willingly admit to him that I was and in the past I never challenged anything, but this time it was the wrong car.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
If writing a letter makes you feel better then go for it. Do not expect anything to come of it since you admitted guilt by paying the ticket and you just come off as a whiner.

highdensity007

Best wifey EVAR!
Established Member
Update

If writing a letter makes you feel better then go for it. Do not expect anything to come of it since you admitted guilt by paying the ticket and you just come off as a whiner.

My letter was not the least bit whining, but very professional I might add. I didn't bash the dude at all, I was just objective, which is probably why they called. In my nearly 20 years of LEO interaction, no one has ever been that unprofessional or not allowed me to pull to a safe location. I didn't even bring up the dispute of my speeding, because I knew it would go nowhere.

Now for the update:

I received a phone call this past Friday from his supervisor wanting to know more info of the interaction. I just told him basically what I said in the letter and explained the facts.

I think their response time of nearly two weeks from when I sent my letter wasn't bad. Sure I'm still out the $$$, but I was happy that they at least called and wanted to know more details.

Last edited:

Spade

Established Member
Its nice to know that the CPL, SGT, or whoever called is trying to keep things in check by calling and gathering more info.

Users who are viewing this thread