PA Inspections that dont use sniffers!

MAXX RS4

Established Member
Anyone know of a shop that doesnt use sniffers and just does a OBDII and visual? Some place in PA as close to mid NJ as possible.. Thanks

_______FROM MY OTHER POST__________

I'm in a predicament here..

A few weeks ago I ran over a rock and it smashed up one of my cats. The pieces are now rattling around inside it it is HELL hearing it. I've got to get my car inspected in the next month or so and it leaves me with a dillema..

I've got PA plates but I'm staying in NJ for the summer. I'll have to go back to PA to get it inspected, so I'll most likely be going into philly for it.

Now, what does PA do during inspections? Do they just do visual and OBDII? Or will they stick a sensor in my tailpipes too? If I cut out the cats and weld in a piece of pipe and tac on the heatshields from the cats, will it pass?

If they dont do sniffer tests, then I think i'd have a better chance passing due to the lack of the rattling cat sounds which would be a giveaway to them that it's not in good condition.

If I had the money I would just buy a new cat, but I've been very money-misfortunate in the past few months and can't really find a way to buy a new cat and have it welded in without borrowing money.

Anyone know the info I need or know of a shop that wont give me a hard time?

mystic04

Established Member
I know they do a visual inspection and used to do the sniffer. i belive they still do the sniff test, but i can't say for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread