PA inspection

nj7703

Established Member
I'm moving to PA in Jan, was wondering if you have to have your cars inspected annually.

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
I can find out for you.. Where you moving to??

I do know emmissions is not tested since my uncle lives there.

Also you HAVE to pay to get your car inspected at a garage. No state insp centers that I'm aware of.

mystic04

Established Member
you will need to get emmission tested depending on where you move to if in philly area you will need to get that done in the outer areas you may not need to have emmissions tested.All inspections are done at either service stations or at private places
who have the emmissions testing machine.

FliteQH

FOXY5OH
Established Member
Hello,
Yep you need to have your car inspected anually & emissions testing depending on the county you move into . Some have it, some don't. But here's a good thing, you get emissions exempt if your under 5,000 miles...

nj7703

Established Member
Thank for the info guys. I'm moving to South Whitehall, just west of Allentown. I still have the stock H on the Cobra, so even if i did do emmisions i would hope it would pass no probs.

BillyMac72

Torco Junkie
Established Member
hey that is leigh county the just started emmissions this year its not as strict as the test in philly but its still somthing you shouldnt have a problem with the stock h pipe on still

98_snake_bite

Established Member
I'm in Northampton County and I have to get the emissions test done for the first time this year (glad I have cats on my x-pipe).

I'm pretty sure Lehigh County also has the test now.

MidNight Snake

Established Member
I think the emisions is a little different. To the best of my knowledge any car 96 and newer they just hook up to the service port and dont use the sniffer. If u have mil eliminators u should passs the emisions part with an O/R pipe. Not the inspection part mind u, unless ur friendly with the guy.

mystic04

Established Member
I belive you will need to have cats on just for the visual part of the inspection. no cat no pass which means no sticker. I could
be wrong on that but don't think so. I had a GSX turbo which was done up pretty well with high flow cat on but being i had under 5000 miles from the last inspection i didn't have to take the sniffer test.I did a test anyhow just to see if i would pass but running GT100 isn't a good idea when your trying to pass the sniffer. lol NJ7703 their is a shop not to far from you in pa calle secondstreet speed. Lon is a really good guy and smart too check them on the net secondstreetspeed.com

nj7703

Established Member
Originally posted by mystic04
I belive you will need to have cats on just for the visual part of the inspection. no cat no pass which means no sticker. I could
be wrong on that but don't think so. I had a GSX turbo which was done up pretty well with high flow cat on but being i had under 5000 miles from the last inspection i didn't have to take the sniffer test.I did a test anyhow just to see if i would pass but running GT100 isn't a good idea when your trying to pass the sniffer. lol NJ7703 their is a shop not to far from you in pa calle secondstreet speed. Lon is a really good guy and smart too check them on the net secondstreetspeed.com

Thanks for the info :beer: i don't officially move till Dec or Jan, but good to know ahead of time. Actually just found out my ins co covers PA too, so so far, so good :-D

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Originally posted by nj7703
I'm moving to PA in Jan, was wondering if you have to have your cars inspected annually.
LEAVING JERSEY?! Ya yellow bellied sap sucking turncoat! I'll hunt yee down matey for treason! :p

nj7703

Established Member
Re: Re: PA inspection

Originally posted by Xplicit
LEAVING JERSEY?! Ya yellow bellied sap sucking turncoat! I'll hunt yee down matey for treason! :p

:lol: :lol: I still work in NJ, my folks are in Morristowm i am still a Jersey Boy, just can't afford to live here, when all the houses i looked at were 420k + lol Pennsyl-tucky here i come :-D Don't worry, i'll still be local, to test drive your car, to make sure it runs ok :rockon:

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
....then i send ye ova to Larry to walk ta plank! ARGH!

Sounds good, Mike :) We'll be eating some good 'ole fashion cheese steaks then :D Test drive eh? No prob..we'll pick up a couple girls and test drive them too ;-)

nj7703

Established Member
....then i send ye ova to Larry to walk ta plank! ARGH!

Sounds good, Mike :) We'll be eating some good 'ole fashion cheese steaks then :D Test drive eh? No prob..we'll pick up a couple girls and test drive them too ;-)

I "call" the ugly friend, they are always more gratefull :dw:
:-D

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
Hey Mike! You're moving? Well congrats, because as everyone knows, jersey's dirty. :-D

Anyway, I have my car registered in Pa and there's no emissions testing in my area yet, but I believe they will have it soon. Even so, they'll be lenient with you, or you can find a shop in a county that doesn't have it. It's not like in NY, where they're real strict. Not from what I see, anyway. Oh, and we have a weekend house in Lehighton. It's less than 20 minutes away from Allentown. Maybe I'll even see you around. :burnout:

nj7703

Established Member
Originally posted by NYCStangGT
Hey Mike! You're moving? Well congrats, because as everyone knows, jersey's dirty. :-D

Anyway, I have my car registered in Pa and there's no emissions testing in my area yet, but I believe they will have it soon. Even so, they'll be lenient with you, or you can find a shop in a county that doesn't have it. It's not like in NY, where they're real strict. Not from what I see, anyway. Oh, and we have a weekend house in Lehighton. It's less than 20 minutes away from Allentown. Maybe I'll even see you around. :burnout:

Cool! :beer: that sounds like a plan, as soon as i get settled. Thanks for the info man. As long as i keep the stock cats, i did not think i would have much of a problem, just after NJ's inspection fiasco of the past few years, was afraid PA may have the same system. That's why there are so many wooded areas left in PA, to eat up all the smog from cars, perfect :-D

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Originally posted by nj7703
I "call" the ugly friend, they are always more gratefull :dw:
:-D
:lol:

C'mon....when u gonna pass up girls that r like ground beef for those that melt in your mouth like filet mignon :)

Last edited:

nj7703

Established Member
:lol:

C'mon....when u gonna pass up girls that r like ground beef for those that melt in your mouth like filet mignon :)

I'm a bottom feeder (and NO, not literally... SICKO!!) So if something better happens to want to go "slummin'" I'm there, or i was, when i was single:(

98_snake_bite

Established Member
Good luck on the move out here nj7703.

You can check out http://eastcoastconcepts.com/forums/ Its a local club that is mostly mustang and ford people (Allentown/Whitehall area).

I know most of them live in Lehigh County, so you might want to ask them where they go for inspections.

NYCStangGT,

Where at in Lehighton do you have a house? I moved from there about 2.5 years ago. I used to live on Mahoning Mtn. Road.

Maybe I will see you 2 around sometime too.

nj7703

Established Member
Originally posted by 98_snake_bite
Good luck on the move out here nj7703.

You can check out http://eastcoastconcepts.com/forums/ Its a local club that is mostly mustang and ford people (Allentown/Whitehall area).

I know most of them live in Lehigh County, so you might want to ask them where they go for inspections.

NYCStangGT,

Where at in Lehighton do you have a house? I moved from there about 2.5 years ago. I used to live on Mahoning Mtn. Road.

Maybe I will see you 2 around sometime too.

thanks for the info! :beer: I will check that out as well.

Users who are viewing this thread