Spring Jefferson May 23-24

Spring Weatherly June 13-14

Pagoda Hillclimb June 27-28

Giants Despair July 11-12

Polish Mountain August 1-2

Duryea August 15-16

Fall Jefferson September 5-6

Fall Weatherly September 19-20

This is the most fun you can have legally on the street in the twisties.
SCCA time trial events held on closed roads with courses ranging between 1 to 2.3 miles. All cars can be classed and all skill levels welcomed. Help is available to new drivers.
These events do fill up with the Duryea and Pagoda hillclimb events usually maxing out. In that case, there's a waiting list.

For me, I'm always looking for Street Mod classed cars to come and give me competition at Duryea. There doesn't seem to be anyone capable. But you can bring a road race car or even an open wheeled car.

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
Hey! Looking good as always! I think I may have sold you 17x10.5's for the front?? I'll definitely be up for the Pagoda this year!

Alex

nekasrof

Established Member
I'm trying to put the mustang in the midst of cars it should be competing against. As you can see, it's doing a good job!
Yep, I took 2nd place overall. Street Mod only has myself and my wife in it unfortunately so I go after FTD.

This is from our Duryea course. 2.3miles. I invite you to take a drive up the hill at any time. It's a really cool course. I was close to 130 on the bottom portion and 147mph or better at the finish. shift light came on just at the finish. 5th gear, 6300rpm.

IMG_20150108_211630.jpg

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
I'm trying to put the mustang in the midst of cars it should be competing against. As you can see, it's doing a good job!
Yep, I took 2nd place overall. Street Mod only has myself and my wife in it unfortunately so I go after FTD.

This is from our Duryea course. 2.3miles. I invite you to take a drive up the hill at any time. It's a really cool course. I was close to 130 on the bottom portion and 147mph or better at the finish. shift light came on just at the finish. 5th gear, 6300rpm.

View attachment 32848

Nice work Steve! I'll definitely be up there and I'll make sure to say hello. Let me know if there's anything we can help out with before you tackle it again!

Alex

Mark Aubele

Established Member
Can't wait to get out to the hills again this year! First time running Rose Valley since '08, hopefully we keep it this time...

And I plan to be nipping at your heels in an ESP prep '14 Steve....

Last edited:

nekasrof

Established Member
Can't wait to get out to the hills again this year! First time running Rose Valley since '08, hopefully we keep it this time...

And I plan to be nipping at your heels in an ESP prep '14 Steve....

I'd like to introduce Mark to those who may not know him. This is a guy who, if you hillclimb, you NEVER want him in your class in a similarly prepared car. Because Mark WILL beat you.

This year, we'll find out how good the '05 - '14s really are on the street. If you're curious, I suggest you come to a hill and watch. You'll get quite an education from Mark.

Bigfootz83

Established Member
Also can u point me in the right direction for car cpubs and shows for mustangs im in bucks county just purchased a Notchback and really wanna get into a club and do all the scca events any help would be much appreciated thank you

SteveC

Established Member
I go to Giant's Despair every year (as a spectator) with my dad, I grew up in Luzerne County right outside WB and he has been going for as long as he can remember. It is definitely a blast to watch, probably even more so to drive. I remember your Mach quite well, if I remember correctly you split driving duties with your wife. I can always tell when you are in the car, you hit the elbow much harder lol

nekasrof

Established Member
I go to Giant's Despair every year (as a spectator) with my dad, I grew up in Luzerne County right outside WB and he has been going for as long as he can remember. It is definitely a blast to watch, probably even more so to drive. I remember your Mach quite well, if I remember correctly you split driving duties with your wife. I can always tell when you are in the car, you hit the elbow much harder lol

Yes. My wife drives as well. She isn't in tune with the car's capabilities just yet.
Unfortunately, every time she starts to get comfortable, I change something. Like, I'm changing gears this year. So we'll be starting out in 2nd gear.
But she's not doing bad. I've driven like a nut since I was 15. She started hillclimbing in '09. Then, in 2011, I put the blower on. She went from 300rwhp to now 600. Huge difference.

Giants Despair is an awesome hill. While the elbow is very challenging, I find turn 1 now to be horrifying. Coming thru there at over 115mph in a 3500lb car is unreal. The radar gun has me at 110 but I know it's at least 5mph off. At Duryea, she had me at 142 but my shift light had just come on prior to crossing which was 147.

Be sure to come this year. the guy, Mark, above, should be there in his '14. He'll be breaking all the ESP records this year for sure. He's the only guy I know that every car he brings (mustang, bmw, cobalt), he breaks class records. Incredible ability.

Thank you for spectating and supporting us. As a driver, we really appreciate the crowd. NO, I'm not gonna wreck at the elbow. LOL!!! I lost it there in....'09 I think, and broke a rim. What a crazy crowd.
Come see me in the pits.

Users who are viewing this thread