p90x

2FST4USonicBlue

Established Member
Anyone tried this program?? Ive always been big into lifting weights (5'6 190lbs) and always hated doing cardio type programs because I always thought I would lose a lot of the strength that i have built up. I was just wondering what type of results anyone has had, if you were able to combine this with actual heavy resistance training, ect.

Thanks

Common

Established Member
I am on it right now. I was in great shape prior to starting the program and this thing is kicking my butt. It's very simple and all you need to do is dedicate the time and do it correctly and I will bet my bottom dollar it will work.

svt_fan1129

Established Member
I tried some of it. i download the torrent. Its not really my style of workout, i like to lift weights and besides, going to the gym gets me out of the house. But my friend completed the program and it seems to work pretty well. Actually anything would work good as long you stick to a program.

2FST4USonicBlue

Established Member
Right now for cradio I do HIIT training for 15-25 minutes every other day on the Eliptical to go along with my hour of weightlifting. I was just wondering if it would be too taxing on the body to do both free weights and the P90x (I have little man's syndrome, so I always have to lift as heavy as I possibly can).

stang3O2

Established Member
I do it. I started in really good shape but it is always a challenge. I was running about 7 miles a day 5-6 days a week before I started it and according to my polar f11 I burn as many cals doing p90x as I would running 6 miles. I'd try it for sure

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
I am on it right now. I was in great shape prior to starting the program and this thing is kicking my butt. It's very simple and all you need to do is dedicate the time and do it correctly and I will bet my bottom dollar it will work.

I do it. I started in really good shape but it is always a challenge. I was running about 7 miles a day 5-6 days a week before I started it and according to my polar f11 I burn as many cals doing p90x as I would running 6 miles. I'd try it for sure

thanks guys! I've strongly been thinking about it, thanks for your input!

J_ho67

MD in training
Established Member
I've done the p90x and p90x+. I was in good shape before I started but not the best shape I had ever been in. I kicked my butt and I've yet to find one pre-planned, single workout program that works nearly as well as this one. You have to stick to it and you HAVE to do the nutrition plan with it. It works wonders. If you stay motivated and finish it, you'll like the results.

stang3O2

Established Member
I've done the p90x and p90x+. I was in good shape before I started but not the best shape I had ever been in. I kicked my butt and I've yet to find one pre-planned, single workout program that works nearly as well as this one. You have to stick to it and you HAVE to do the nutrition plan with it. It works wonders. If you stay motivated and finish it, you'll like the results.

agreed. the diet is huge if your wanting to really get the results, I dont do the diet plan they have but I eat clean and get good results as well

mustanginsin

Loyal To None
Established Member
what about somebody who is underweight but just wants to add lean muscle? what does it do for them?

im 6'3" and 155-160 and have been trying to add muscle for over a dozen years with various different techniques and have been getting nearly nowhere.

whiplash306

Established Member
Subscribing for more input....this program seems too good to be true, but I'm cautiously optimistic...! The results from people who have followed the program to the "t" on the TV infomercial are amazing!

stang3O2

Established Member
not too good to be true. It is very simple. Workout hard, eat well, get results. the work outs are around an hour each with little rest so it keeps your heart rate up the whole time (burns more cals) and your doing strength building exercises so you build muscle. When you do that 6-7 times a week you get results. But it is not easy by any means.

stang3O2

Established Member
what about somebody who is underweight but just wants to add lean muscle? what does it do for them?

im 6'3" and 155-160 and have been trying to add muscle for over a dozen years with various different techniques and have been getting nearly nowhere.

It will work for you too you would just need to adjust the diet so your eating plenty of protien. You may want to try to take a weight gainer like n-large-2 as well if you want to put on a little more mass

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
you have to TOTALLY be in shape to do that program. It's extremely difficult when you first start but stay at it...it eventually gets a little easier. It is tough tho.

Users who are viewing this thread