P2629 again and again..

pickles

Established Member
I got a P2629 code last week, so I booked it in to the dealer yesterday. They replaced the drivers side upstream o2 sensor and I took it home. Driving home from work today the CEL light came on once again, scanned it to find the same P2629 code.

I've put maybe 20 miles on it since the sensor got replaced. Any ideas?

pickles

Established Member
bump.

Going to re-locate my o2's bungs and throw a new sensor in it and see what happens. If I get another code I'm not sure what to do other than pull these damn headers out and be done with it.

CPRsm

Switch the O2 side to side. If the code switches banks that will tell you it's the O2. If it keeps throwing the same code when you install a known good O2, you know it's that side. Either header causing it, harness, etc

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I've seen the code more times then I can remember Robbie.

Just give it one last chance with relocating the 02 sensors and wrapping them.

pickles

Established Member

Will do man. Heat wrap will be on route tomorrow and my buddy said he might be able to help me with the re-location on sunday. Once that is done I'll throw two new sensors in (the other for peace of mind and to keep a spare with me). And hopefully it'll be ok.

As always, I appreciate the help Thomas.

Dreams2Reality

Established Member

Will do man. Heat wrap will be on route tomorrow and my buddy said he might be able to help me with the re-location on sunday. Once that is done I'll throw two new sensors in (the other for peace of mind and to keep a spare with me). And hopefully it'll be ok.

As always, I appreciate the help Thomas.

What wraps do you use? I've been having the same issue so I want to give these a try. Thanks.

pickles

Established Member
So I took the car to my dads buddy (he's a welder). Due to limited space, what he did was cut the existing bungs on an angle so the top of the existing bung was almost flush with the collector. Then welded the new bung on top..

I'm hoping it will work, I'm just a little paranoid that the sensor may not be far enough in to the pipe

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread