P2196

compcobra

Established Member
Hello my car keeps giving a P2196 fault code. It lists this fault as bank one rich. I tried to swap the oxygen sensors from left to right to see if the fault would change to bank 2. The fault returned as a P2196 indicating it is actualy running rich. This seemed to start after I swapped out my three inch dynomax cat back for SLP LM2. Everything else seems normal with the car, but it seems the code comes on when it is quite hot outside. Could it possibly be spark plugs ( currently running TR6ix ). Anyone have any ideas what it may be?

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
I had an exhaust leak last week and no codes were thrown. Thought i had the tick to because it was where the heads met the headers,,,,

mlambrecht

Established Member
I would watch the upstream o2 sensor on bank one and make sure it is clocking back and forth between .01 and .99 volts ~approx. If it is and it isn't spending a majority of time @the .99 volt side then you can actually turn that code off in the custom tune. What kind of MAF are you running, this is most likely the cause. Or it could be a leaky injector. Pull the plugs on bank 1 and look to see if there are any plugs that look black and smell like gas.

sct12

Established Member
MAF would be both banks, pull your plugs and compare bank to bank and cylinder to cylinder.

compcobra

Established Member
It is the stock MAF in the car, will have to check the plugs to see what is going on. Seem to be having a tough time getting a hold of my tuner.

Users who are viewing this thread