P2165/1000 after clutch install

army_man1014

Established Member
like the title says. i did my RXT Clutch install. I noticed the Service Engine soon light was on right out the door of the shop. I figured it was the p1000 code since the car batt was dead for a little before i sent her to the shop.

I plugged in xcal to see what other codes if any was thrown. Well 2 showed. P2195/1000

p2195- left bank running lean.

I cleared all the codes, disconnected neg on batt for a few mins. Reconnected and then took it for a little ride. Stopped a mile down the street no code with normal driving. Got on her to approx 4k rpm's. pulled in garage and scanned her again and got the code.

Im thinking maybe the tranny shop jacked with my o2s and possibly pinched a wire or hit it.

What do you guys think? Im still breaking in the clutch so I cant drive her to crazy but I think im gonna rest her to i find out to solution.

anything helps guys

FYI I searched and found a few ideas but everyone scenario is different so I decided to post a new thread. plzs no flaming!

Last edited:

vr4

Established Member
You positive that's the code? I can check the pced when i get home if i can find it but i don't think that's a legit code for a mustang.

glittle75

Established Member
Thats Bank 1 Sensor 1 stuck lean. Look at the wires for pinched or broken parts. Look at the connectors, maybe they started taking exhaust down without disconnecting the forward O2s and pulled the wire out of the harness?
Dont buy an O2 sensor without AT LEAST swapping the driver and passenger side sensors to see if the problem moves. if it doesnt you need to look at the car side of the harness, then start looking for vacuum leaks. If the problem moves, look at just the wires on the sensor or change the sensor.

army_man1014

Established Member
Ok there's a cut in the wire. Just one of the 4 wires. Not all way through but propaly halfway. You guys think that can be it.

Last edited:

army_man1014

Established Member
Ok sweet. He hooked the scantool and noticed the o2 was getting some sort of signal but not fully working. So the shop is going to fix it. Is there a certain brand of sensor to get. Shop owner found one of 27$

Users who are viewing this thread