P1sc with cog set up question

Swannyvill

BLOWN '01
Established Member
okay, so I'm tired of screwing with the alignment on this p1sc and the bgg 8 rib kit. my search didn't bring any answers. anyone here run a p1sc with a cog set up?

any help appreciated.

Badaz01

Established Member
What is your alignment issue causing. Slip ripping belt throwing off ? I had the same issue with my D1sc. I tried after market tensioner and replaced oem steel idler with plastic and I ate belts like crazy and everything was perfect. Used laser tool and all. My fix was I found an oem steel idler pulley and went back to oem tensioner and haven’t had a problem since. Btw I run an 8 rib crank pulley and everything else is 6 rib. Blower pulley is 4 inch.

Swannyvill

BLOWN '01
Established Member
getting the correct spacing on the blower bracket and procharger idler with the 8 rib. which laser alignment tool did you use?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
BGG kit is ****ing worthless.

I really need to measure my spacers next time the blower is off since everyone has this problem. It took the shop a while to get it right

Swannyvill

BLOWN '01
Established Member
BGG kit is ****ing worthless.

I really need to measure my spacers next time the blower is off since everyone has this problem. It took the shop a while to get it right
you still have that BGG set up? is there an alternative? what seems to make the difference in alignment with something different the brackets?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
you still have that BGG set up? is there an alternative? what seems to make the difference in alignment with something different the brackets?
We never could get ahold of the guy, the shop ended up calling procharger and they ended up just sending him some big ass bag of spacers and they got it lined up

I have no idea, I dunno if it’s build tolerances or what. Seems like it should be pretty simple - replace procharger 6rib spacers with spacers 8 ribs wide

Edit: apparently bgg supplies some of the procharger 8 rib kits too. Nobody could get that ****er to pick up a phone.

Are you a single bolt tensioner car?

01yellercobra

Established Member
The 8 rib kit is just the pullies from an F150 with some spacers. Back in the day I ordered everything from Tasca and then figured out the spacers. I used washers and shims I picked up at Home Depot and/or Grainger. It took some time to get lined up. I used a laser level meant for hanging pictures and found one pulley off about the width of a rib. Once I corrected that everything was good.

You don't need a cog drive on a P1. Unless you're spinning it to the moon the 8 rib is probably a bit overkill. Once you figure out which pulley is out of alignment you'll be good.

Swannyvill

BLOWN '01
Established Member
The 8 rib kit is just the pullies from an F150 with some spacers. Back in the day I ordered everything from Tasca and then figured out the spacers. I used washers and shims I picked up at Home Depot and/or Grainger. It took some time to get lined up. I used a laser level meant for hanging pictures and found one pulley off about the width of a rib. Once I corrected that everything was good.

You don't need a cog drive on a P1. Unless you're spinning it to the moon the 8 rib is probably a bit overkill. Once you figure out which pulley is out of alignment you'll be good.
I know I don't need it, I was looking for a better option of mounting and alignment.

Users who are viewing this thread