p1sc procharger on a 96 cobra

Salmonsnake

Established Member
i bought a p1sc procharger for my cobra and i have a few questions for you guys, my car has a 143k on it but its had a fairly easy and good life, i bought it bone stock from an old man at 114k. the blower has a 10 lb pulley on it and the engine is stock. is that an ok boost level ? should it have a conservative tune w that many miles ? im hoping for 415 rwhp.

matt87

Established Member
do a compression test first. if it passes it should be fine. might want to start with a 6 or 8 pound pulley, make sure you have plent of injector/fuel pump and a real conservatite tune.

Apicia

Established Member
do a compression test first. if it passes it should be fine. might want to start with a 6 or 8 pound pulley, make sure you have plent of injector/fuel pump and a real conservatite tune.

You can run the boost, just have the timing conservative.

Stang Stalker

Established Member
Hay man what up!
So you got Boost You going to love it.
When are you coming back out to the Northwest
Got to go hit the back roads.:thumbsup:

NS :coolman:GotBoost

Salmonsnake

Established Member
alright thats what i was thinking guys, 10lbs, not much timing and conservative, so far it seems 400 whp is very easy w my setup. Hutch, idk when ill be back out that way, it would be awesome to get out next summer ! i bought Mikes p1sc setup so now i run you boosted guys down through the straights too ! lol

Stang Stalker

Established Member
alright thats what i was thinking guys, 10lbs, not much timing and conservative, so far it seems 400 whp is very easy w my setup. Hutch, idk when ill be back out that way, it would be awesome to get out next summer ! i bought Mikes p1sc setup so now i run you boosted guys down through the straights too ! lol
So thats what mike did with that have fun with the boost

Stang Stalker

Established Member

Wayward put the 96 mystic with 8psi got 419rwhp and 398rwtq.

I saw your car run start low and work up to it.
What gears are you running

I started with 10psi a lot lower miles and then went to 13 psi.
The car is running so strong it would give a lots cars a run for there money.

NS :coolman:

Last edited:

Salmonsnake

Established Member
Wayward put the 96 mystic with 8psi got 419rwhp and 398rwtq.

I saw your car run start low and work up to it.
What gears are you running

I started with 10psi a lot lower miles and then went to 13 psi.
The car is running so strong it would give a lots cars a run for there money.

i have 4.10's in im thinking of stepping back to a 3.73 or even 3.55. I drove Mikes car a couple times and had a blast. today i pulled the tank out and realized that terminator pumps are COMPLETELY different than the 96 cobra setup is... needless to say i need a fuel pump. what pump should i run that will hold 10psi?

Stang Stalker

Established Member
I am running the Ford GT Pump I think a little overkill but oh well
I am running the 3.73 and at 90 mph my 5th becomes a high 4th
with the Boost. :thumbsup:

Salmonsnake

Established Member
ok cool, i went with a walbro 255lph. i was doing some research and it seems that most use that pump. im pretty excited to run boost. i need to order the procharger stud kit to mount the blower and then a guage pod for my a/f and boost guage. then get johns email tune and im ready to rock !

matt87

Established Member
first off centris love gears, as how fast your boost rises is directly affected by how fast rpm rises. 3.55s and 3.73s will make your 5000.00 p1 kit feel like a turd. leave the 3.55s for the pd blowers and turbos. i would do 4.10s or 4.30s. i had 4.30s and a D1 in my 01. it was an absolute beast. second, you never want to stay in boost in 5th gear o/d. keep doing that and see what happens. lastly who told you to use an 03/04 pump in a 96? 03/04 is for a returnless style fuel system and a 96 is return style. with the use and knowledge here in this site, it amazes me peeps dont know stuff like this.

Salmonsnake

Established Member
first off centris love gears, as how fast your boost rises is directly affected by how fast rpm rises. 3.55s and 3.73s will make your 5000.00 p1 kit feel like a turd. leave the 3.55s for the pd blowers and turbos. i would do 4.10s or 4.30s. i had 4.30s and a D1 in my 01. it was an absolute beast. second, you never want to stay in boost in 5th gear o/d. keep doing that and see what happens. lastly who told you to use an 03/04 pump in a 96? 03/04 is for a returnless style fuel system and a 96 is return style. with the use and knowledge here in this site, it amazes me peeps dont know stuff like this.

with a p1sc i figured the 4.10's would be almost to much gear but a 3.73 would let the car stretch its legs a bit more but still rev fairly quickly. 4.10's are in it now and theyll stay there unless i dont like them. im fairly new to the whole works and not to forum savy, i suppose trial and error has been my friend so far !

Stang Stalker

Established Member
ok cool, i went with a walbro 255lph. i was doing some research and it seems that most use that pump. im pretty excited to run boost. i need to order the procharger stud kit to mount the blower and then a guage pod for my a/f and boost guage. then get johns email tune and im ready to rock !

Johns tunes are right on the money.
He did one for me when I put the Eaton on.
Just minor changes at the Dyno.

Salmonsnake

Established Member
Johns tunes are right on the money.
He did one for me when I put the Eaton on.
Just minor changes at the Dyno.

Mike had the same story, the only thing John changed on the dyno was a little more timing, so the email tune was actually safer and mild. hes going to be in mn in a couple weeks and he said that if i bring my car to his buddies shop in chanhassen that he'd tune it. i thought that was pretty cool

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
When I first did my Vortech install it was a t45 10lbs boost with 430's in the rear.
Soooo much fun!! Now the setup is c4 auto 3grand stall & 410's. With a safe tune things will be just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread