P115e dtc?

2nd2none

Established Member
Any ideas? Put a KB 3.6 on about a week ago and it was running fine. Yesterday I was just driving normally around city streets on my way to a friends when I get the dreaded wrench light/limp mode but no check engine light. Friends place was only 2 blocks away so I continued there. When I left his house the car started up and drove normally with no warning lights on. Today I hooked up my tuner and it had 2 codes. P1000 - "obd systems readiness test not complete". P115E "Info Not Available". All I can find on that was a forum about an F150 that ended up being a dirty throttle body. My throttle body came with the 3.6 package and was brand new when it went in a week ago. I was able to clear all codes with the tuner

P115E.gif

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
That's a code for the electronic throttle control. More specifically the "throttle actuator airflow trim at maximum limit" code. Drive by wire can be a pain in the *** sometimes. Especially when it comes to tuning.

It's not due to a dirty TB, that situation applied more so when intake air control valves were used.. Your car uses an electronic throttle control system which uses only the throttle body which can supply way more than enough air. So again carbon build up or dirt is not the issue.

If you can be a bit more specific on what was taking place when the wrench popped up I may be able to help you diagnosis it a bit better.

Was the tune done for the throttle body you currently have on the car? Were you flooring it when it tripped? Was the engine hot and on a hot day?

My guess is a lot of tuners adjust the throttle response to give the car a more aggressive feel, which at times causes the ETC to become a bit screwy. I really think you just need an adjusted tune, with a bit less aggressive TPS-demand setting or small increase in the torque tables.

It's not something I think you should be overly-concerned with though, just more of an annoyance when it occurs. Call your tuner and see what they say, also update this and let us know how it turned out. I came from the import tuning scene so I'm still getting caught up with what's going on here in the domestic market, so take my advice with a grain of salt lol. I'm not a professional tuner or expert by any means, shade tree at best lol

Hopefully that sheds a little light on what's going on though.

Last edited:

2nd2none

Established Member
Thanks
Yeah. It was something in the tune. I'm using the dual 75mm throttle body that came with the 3.6LC kit. Kenne Bell sent me a new tune and the code went away. I still need to take it to a shop and have it dyno tuned. It doesn't feel as powerful as I was thinking it would and on acceleration you can feel it kind of hesitate at times

Users who are viewing this thread