P060A Car won't start

wolfman311

Established Member
So i went to go start the mustang this morning after a little over a week of not driving it and the starting gods were not with me on this one. I could hear the start click pretty fast like it was trying to do its job but no dice. 3 codes are thrown. The first is P060A, then P2107, and last U0300. I'm thinking the first code is where i need to put my focus. Also when i try and start the car the lights and gauges flicker pretty fast. When i try and lock the car with remote the horn sounds like its struggling to honk. My guess is the battery. I have yet to stick a battery tender (for longer than 5 minutes) on the car and see . I did try and start the car with the tender on it after a few minutes this am in attempt to get the car started so i could get to work but no dice. I realize i should just let it charge for an hour or two for that's my mistake. Any ideas what might be the culprit? Thanks for your advice.

MaximumVelocity

Mod motor convert
Established Member
Most likely battery. Keep in mind, using a multimeter and seeing 12+V doesn't tell you anything thing about cranking Amps.

Either hook up a good set of jumper cables to another running vehicle or pull the battery and charge it on the bench for several hours. Battery tenders often cannot bring back fully discharged batteries ( not what they are made for, they don't supply enough current).

wolfman311

Established Member
Most likely battery. Keep in mind, using a multimeter and seeing 12+V doesn't tell you anything thing about cranking Amps.

Either hook up a good set of jumper cables to another running vehicle or pull the battery and charge it on the bench for several hours. Battery tenders often cannot bring back fully discharged batteries ( not what they are made for, they don't supply enough current).

Thank you for the advice. I will give that a try when i get home tonight.

stang99x

Old Fox
Established Member
I a few weeks ago did a rediculous burnout that I went way to far and long on (like 5000 miles worth of rubber lost in 1 minute) and I got to far into it in second gear while trying to leave the lot in a blaze of glory. I ended up not being able to hold the clutch from the force and went backwards and stalled. The car wouldn't start back up. First it clicked, then it turned over and over and over with a no start. Sounds like the clicky you had and my dash flickered. After 60 seconds it fired back up like normal and I had no further issue. Just mentioning as it did some of the stuff you mention

Users who are viewing this thread