P0345 and P0349?

Eric L

Established Member
posted in general discussion at first, figured wrong forum, so gonna throw in on here too. Stock car other than catback. Car is in limp mode and throwing codes. runs smooth with no engine noise. Check engine light comes back on right after its cleared. Anyone heard or had this? I know some have had one or the other but not both. Already checked the alternator and changed the sensors. Harness is good too. frustrated!

jn2

Established Member
posted in general discussion at first, figured wrong forum, so gonna throw in on here too. Stock car other than catback. Car is in limp mode and throwing codes. runs smooth with no engine noise. Check engine light comes back on right after its cleared. Anyone heard or had this? I know some have had one or the other but not both. Already checked the alternator and changed the sensors. Harness is good too. frustrated!

Could be a bad phaser....or sensor, or maybe the chain jumped a few teeth...What troubleshooting have you done so far?

Eric L

Established Member
Its at the dealership now and I'm waiting to hear back from them. Ill post when i hear something back from them.

Eric L

Established Member
I told them about the traction control coming on and off, and the voltage spikes from the alternator, which they said was not related. Then they said it had jumped time and they would have to tear it down, then got called again yesterday and said it was just the cam position sensor.......so we shall see. Wonder how they would have reacted had i shown up with some new cams and said "well.....since you've already got down this far.....go ahead and swap these out for me"

Users who are viewing this thread