P0243 code after header install, HELP NEEDED!!

TP 112

Established Member
If you are referring to the stuff on the side of the super charger, I have been egr deleted for a good 8 months without a problem. I had vmp send me a hand held with a tune also turning all that stuff off. That's why I was concerned about the tune getting messed up after plugging the battery back in. I spent the entire day checking everything and rechecking all brought to my attention. I have searched the forms also, we will find it with help and probably find something simple. I know there aren't any vacuum leaks that's for sure. I just wish I could have gotten those original O2's out, I still believe my problem has something to do with them. Other then exhaust swap they were the only thing's that were changed. I also read some guys got the same code when they lost a coil, but all mine are good after checking. Now I did unplug the IAC and there wasn't a change in the engine idle at all. It didn't die or speed up, took it off and it looks to be new inside and all moves free?? Still searching, I may call vmp Monday and see if they can e-mail me the tune and I can load it and just put my mind at rest about the tune getting jacked up from the battery being unplugged for a day and then plugged back up. I really don't understand all this trouble from a simple header/mid pipe swap when everything was so good before. I will also be replacing the IAC just because I thought it should do something from being unplugged. Thanks again for all the help men.

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
Did you try retuning the car back to the stock tune then download your tune from vmp?

TP 112

Established Member
Yes sir I did. I returned to stock and then loaded the tune back in the car, but didn't help at all. I have done this several times, just hoping.

hotcobra03

Established Member
If you are referring to the stuff on the side of the super charger, I have been egr deleted for a good 8 months without a problem. I had vmp send me a hand held with a tune also turning all that stuff off. That's why I was concerned about the tune getting messed up after plugging the battery back in. I spent the entire day checking everything and rechecking all brought to my attention. I have searched the forms also, we will find it with help and probably find something simple. I know there aren't any vacuum leaks that's for sure. I just wish I could have gotten those original O2's out, I still believe my problem has something to do with them. Other then exhaust swap they were the only thing's that were changed. I also read some guys got the same code when they lost a coil, but all mine are good after checking. Now I did unplug the IAC and there wasn't a change in the engine idle at all. It didn't die or speed up, took it off and it looks to be new inside and all moves free?? Still searching, I may call vmp Monday and see if they can e-mail me the tune and I can load it and just put my mind at rest about the tune getting jacked up from the battery being unplugged for a day and then plugged back up. I really don't understand all this trouble from a simple header/mid pipe swap when everything was so good before. I will also be replacing the IAC just because I thought it should do something from being unplugged. Thanks again for all the help men.

po243 is sensor on side of supercharger...

TP 112

Established Member
yep all of that stuff has been gone, when I did the egr delete. then had it all turned off in the tune.

hotcobra03

Established Member
during header install was this harness touched in any way?

bump it

jack up engine

lay over engine to get to top bolts

remove vac hose from air inlet tube

i dont think anything happened from battery unhooked

dont think o2 is cause of po243

iac would be waste of cash..

pcm is very smart..when i was learning i would do things to set codes than follow tests to see how things worked..

unhook an o2 and start car should get many codes...same as run with iac unhooked or frps...

a big vacuum leak like pcv hose cracked would show by car really running bad..but a tiny hose you wont notice...but it can be seen in o2 sensor readings as lean fuel trim or very odd code like this

TP 112

Established Member
no nothing touched on top, the only wires were to the starter by the motor mount. And I know they were put back correctly. I will start with a fresh eye tomorrow., tonight I will continue to search the forums. Good info on iac, thanks. I am going to continue to look and check all mentioned before spending a dime extra on parts. I have never been stumped this long on something like this before. from the way the search's look, this can be a long journey.

Users who are viewing this thread