P0190

Enemy

Established Member
Need help, 04 Cobra. Runs fine until you get into higher RPM in 3-4th gear. Then it falls flat on its face and bogs. SES light comes on and I pull P0190.

I have swapped FRRS's, installed the small disk from Kenne Bell and it still does it. I am able to clear the code and again the car runs fine. Only when I get on it in those 2 gears will this happen over and over.

Mods:
Airaid intake
2.76 upper/stock lower
aux idler bracket with 100mm idler
bassani mids, xpipe and catback
Predator canned tune.

As far as I know the pumps are stock, injectors are stock.

Again I have swapped the fprs sensor and have the kb disk installed. When this happens the handheld shows FR below 20 while driving at a normal rate, besides that FP is in the norm at idle (not sure the exact number but its in the 30's

Enemy

Established Member
I thought about the pumps but...

When the SES light turns on the car studders in any gear at low rpm. As soon as I clear the code it drives normal again until the light comes back on at 4krpm in 3-4th gear.

CCS_56_EX

Established Member
I just went through a fuel system fiasco, and had p0190...among others. You could try starting at your battery, and checking all the ground connections. Another trick you can use to rule out the fuel pumps is to apply power to them directly through the harness just behind the bumper (pins 6&7). To catch the fuel, you can run a 5/16 line off the output end of the fuel filter (might as well replace it when you're done too).

In the end, my problem was an unclipped harness near the PCM. That's a very easy thing you could check as well - it's on the passenger kick panel.

Users who are viewing this thread