P0100 code after tune/fuel change

faztcobra

Established Member
I have an issue that cropped up yesterday. A little back history. Earlier in the year, I'd run E85 for about 3 tanks and then run a tank of 93. Never had any issues switching back and forth between the tunes/fuels. I switched back to 93 yesterday for the first time after being on E85 since May. Now, every time I put the car in neutral while sitting at a light (or rolling up to a light), the little yellow wrench comes in on the dashboard. I have to kill the car and restart to get it to go away(otherwise the car is in limp mode), but it just comes right back next time I go to neutral. There's no weird fluctuations in idle or anything and the car drives normal otherwise when in gear. After a few wrenches showed up, the check engine light came on and I checked it with my SCT and I got "P0100 Mass or Volume Air Flow A Circuit". I cleared the code and got the wrench a few more times and then the code comes back. I've popped the hood and looked at my JLT cold air. Nothing seems out of place. I didn't move/touch anything. This started happening immediately after switching tunes/fuels. There's been no hardware changes. I have an off-road H/GT500s and a JLT CAI on the car. Any thoughts about what might be going on here?

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I have an issue that cropped up yesterday. A little back history. Earlier in the year, I'd run E85 for about 3 tanks and then run a tank of 93. Never had any issues switching back and forth between the tunes/fuels. I switched back to 93 yesterday for the first time after being on E85 since May. Now, every time I put the car in neutral while sitting at a light (or rolling up to a light), the little yellow wrench comes in on the dashboard. I have to kill the car and restart to get it to go away(otherwise the car is in limp mode), but it just comes right back next time I go to neutral. There's no weird fluctuations in idle or anything and the car drives normal otherwise when in gear. After a few wrenches showed up, the check engine light came on and I checked it with my SCT and I got "P0100 Mass or Volume Air Flow A Circuit". I cleared the code and got the wrench a few more times and then the code comes back. I've popped the hood and looked at my JLT cold air. Nothing seems out of place. I didn't move/touch anything. This started happening immediately after switching tunes/fuels. There's been no hardware changes. I have an off-road H/GT500s and a JLT CAI on the car. Any thoughts about what might be going on here?

Make sure your jlt didnt fall out of the TB adapter at the bottom. Also make sure you dont have the filter too pushed in. They want them on the edge of the tube.

faztcobra

Established Member
Just saw your message but that's exactly what I checked when I left work. The plastic tube had fallen out of the adapter that connects to the intake(right up under the engine cover) . I guess it's just perfect timing that I happened when I changed tunes. Issue solved! I still think I may go back to the stock intake though. After driving around with it for 3-4 months, I can say that I've really notice any differencedown

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread