P&P intake manifold

03CobraJet

Established Member
I was considering P&P my intake manifold this winter, and I was just wondering if it is worth it. For those of you that have it done did you notice any gains, did the car feel any faster, rev up quicker, ect. I also would like to put an intake spacer on it. Thanks

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
I've got a Roy-ported Mach intake and saw retarded gains over a stock Aviator intake. Also, ff you look on the N/A HP/TQ list on the Corral, the ported intake cars definitely seem to make better numbers than the stock intake cars.

So yea, I'd say a P&P intake is worth it if it's done correctly. Naz and Roy ported intakes are proven performers, IMO.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
What Ben said......No doubt in your abilities I just know that Roy, Archie, and Naz do great port jobs. Roy's 1/2" intake spacer will be a great addition for your TQ curve with a P/P job.

03CobraJet

Established Member
Yea I wondering because I was reading over at the M1R and some people said it was a good mod and some said it was not. Thanks guys for the information.:beer:

No doubt in your abilities I just know that Roy, Archie, and Naz do great port jobs.

I was going to do it my self just becasue money is kind of tight, also it would be nice to learn how. In any case I will put a spacer on it no matter what.

Last edited:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Yea I wondering because I was reading over at the M1R and some people said it was a good mod and some said it was not. Thanks guys for the information.:beer:

I was going to do it my self just becasue money is kind of tight, also it would be nice to learn how. In any case I will put a spacer on it no matter what.

Sounds good man. :beer:

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
Yeah i got a roys intake plus spacer, and i felt a noticeable difference even untuned!

also if your looking to do it yourself i have my stock intake manifold for sale for cheap! its perfect for a porting porject!

03MACH150BP

2003 Mach1 Slowmatic
Established Member
I put on a 3/4 inch spacer along with a PP intake manifold and felt a big improvement. The car pulled hard and strong and even sounded meaner. Do both.

Last edited:

03CobraJet

Established Member
I have done some more reading over at the M1R on some P&P write ups.

Next Question: When polishing the lower intake does it get polished smooth like a mirror image or with a rough to touch finish? Does anyone know what exactly gets ported or opened up?

69mach03

Established Member
I have done some more reading over at the M1R on some P&P write ups.

Next Question: When polishing the lower intake does it get polished smooth like a mirror image or with a rough to touch finish? Does anyone know what exactly gets ported or opened up?

Removed from na svt's description of a ported intake for sale via thread:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=479391&highlight=ported+mach+intake

This intake has a substantial amount of work done. The bottom was cut off, the runner inlets opened up, entire runner cleaned up, gasket matched, injector boss reduced, shelf area removed and the feed holes opened up as much as possible. The outside of the end runners (1 and 8) were welded so their entrances could be opened up to better match the other six runners.

Sounds like a job and a half. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread