Owners with Dyno Numbers

TAHOE GT

Established Member
When Flowmaster ran my GT500 on their SuperFlow chassis dyno my A/F was in the mid 10s from 3000 - 6100 rpm. Are y'all seeing this to before a tune? I ask because I can't seem to break 110 mph at the track and I think my motors starting to lay over at the top-end. Any ideas?

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
i don't have a gt500 (it is on order) but if your a/f is in the mid 10's then yeah you are running very rich, have a tune put in and lean it out and you will pick up power along with mph.

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
you made 459 rwhp and you can't break 110 mph? Either something is wrong, or you just need some practice. How hard are you shifting? What RPM are you shifting at? How's the clutch holding up? Did you forget to take out 300 lbs of dumbells you were storing in the trunk?

TAHOE GT

Established Member
03gobluecobra said:
you made 459 rwhp and you can't break 110 mph? Either something is wrong, or you just need some practice. How hard are you shifting? What RPM are you shifting at? How's the clutch holding up? Did you forget to take out 300 lbs of dumbells you were storing in the trunk?

Well, I did leave the 275 lb. dumbell in the driver's seat.

I'm no novice at the track, but I'm no pro either. I've managed a 111 and a 114 mph, but couldn't back them up. That was with mad wheel-spin, though.

One thing that could be happening is detonation at the far end of the track. When Flowmaster was trying their muffs on my car, they saw some det. after some long pulls (1500 to 6100 rpm). The engine would det. at about 5500 and then the computer would pull a bunch of timing and hp would go to hell. They didn't see it if they did a short pull (4000 - 6100 rpm). I'll try some 100 octane Sat.

Users who are viewing this thread