Owned by the Dentist.

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
Christ...got 5 fillings today. Only took about an hour and a half to do them all.

Now my newly introduced pain from the now-gone numbness of my mouth has found it's way out with my new friend Mr. Tramadol :coolman:

That is all.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
I had to get a filling the other day. No shot. He used an abrasive powder w/ forced air to clean the cavity. Kind of like sandblasting the tooth. Never felt it a bit, put in the colormatched filler stuff, baked it, put on the outer coating, baked it, and I was done. Seriously, 4 minutes from the time I took my hat off till he said I was done.

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
Dusten said:
most people just brush their teeth... hahaha
I hate fillings.

I don't floss a whole lot, and I'm a brushing fool.

TrueBlueGT said:
I had to get a filling the other day. No shot. He used an abrasive powder w/ forced air to clean the cavity. Kind of like sandblasting the tooth. Never felt it a bit, put in the colormatched filler stuff, baked it, put on the outer coating, baked it, and I was done. Seriously, 4 minutes from the time I took my hat off till he said I was done.

I had to do that a few months back. It wasn't too bad. I was a little intrigued with how Composite fillings were a tad more pricey compared to the conventional, metal ones.

Antagon

Established Member
hydroshutter said:
I had to do that a few months back. It wasn't too bad. I was a little intrigued with how Composite fillings were a tad more pricey compared to the conventional, metal ones.

I also have these, on nearly all my teeth :bash:

10 years later and theyre still going strong, and the most pain I felt during the whole thing was the chill down the nerves when they used the compressed air.

SVTcobraGirl

Banned
TrueBlueGT said:

Wow... i have a cavity i need to be filled soon.. been putting it off cause im scared to DEATH of needles... had a bad experience with a dentist not numbing it all the way... this def sounds like a way i need to go! Im gonna check around for that

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
SVTcobraGirl said:
Wow... i have a cavity i need to be filled soon.. been putting it off cause im scared to DEATH of needles... had a bad experience with a dentist not numbing it all the way... this def sounds like a way i need to go! Im gonna check around for that

You won't feel a thing. Your dentist will numb you up real good. :banana:

Lightning Steve

Established Member
Ten years ago I had 12 fillings removed and refilled all in one sitting, Dr. said it was his record. The best part is I have to have this done again in two months.

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
I don't have a problem with my teeth... I have never had a cavity. I brush my teeth once a day and floss the day before I go to the dentist :)

However, I grew 4 extra wisdom teeth... so when they pulled them they pulled 9 teeth total... 4 normal wisdom teeth, 4 extra full sized wisdom teeth, and 1 small half tooth in there too. The Army did the surgery too.... I cant complain, they did a great job.

I also found out that my bad brushing habits caught up to me, I used to use a hard bristle brush and brush straight instead of in circles... it slowly cut grooves into my teeth near the gum line. I had 9 fillings put in last year all at once. I have never had a filling at the crown but it hurt like hell at the gum line. The dentist had to stuff this fishing wire up between my teeth and gum to separate the two so she could do the filling.

-Mike

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
Dude...i phuckin took 100 mg of tramadol one time for my ankles and forgot about it and went and worked out. My tongue, face and hands went numb while I was driving home. Scary thing.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Lightning Steve said:
Ten years ago I had 12 fillings removed and refilled all in one sitting, Dr. said it was his record. The best part is I have to have this done again in two months.

Why?

I have two amalgam filings from when I was 10 which is 25 years ago and they have never given me any trouble.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I am one of the luck few people that does not feel tooth pain. The worst it ever gets would be like someone plucking a nose hair. It doesn't hurt severely, but it is agitating. I don't even feel it when I have cavities. Now, if they have to do something with my gums on the other hand, ie cut a tooth out or something, I hit the ceiling in pain. As far as fillings go, sometimes I don't even get numbed. The last time I went I let him numb me up just a bit. He was uncomfortable with it because he didn't do as much as he would have liked to. He kept asking "Let me know when it hurts". I honestly felt absolutely nothing the whole time he was working.

-Jeff

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
Why?

I have two amalgam filings from when I was 10 which is 25 years ago and they have never given me any trouble.

Damn! That's close to being a record. Must have been silver amalgam. Watch out for the mercury. j/k. There's not enough mercury in them to do anything.

The life of composite GTE fillings are around 10-15 years if they're applied properly. Although, they shrink about 3% upon curing, until now. I just created a filling yesterday that only shrinks 1.15%. If I get it below 1.0%, no leaching of bacteria will occur. I'm pretty phsyched up about it. The best I've seen in journals is 1.8%.

Users who are viewing this thread