Owned by a damn LS1

TwoToneFreak

MMMM, Spintechs!!
Established Member
Well finally go the car running tonite after work and decided to go play, since there were several people out tonite. Well around 11:30 a friend of mine calls asking if I want to run a modded 02 SS, so I say sure, probably gonna get beat, but it will be fun. Well the SS didn't want to run me but instead wanted me to run his buddy in his "stock" 6spd 01 Z28. So we roll out to our spot and agree to go from a 30 mph roll (2nd gear 3k for me) on the 3rd honk. 1,2,3 and we are off we stay neck and neck, I go to grab 3rd, and **** me, I missed. No biggie we line up again and this time he jumps the go so I just let out, third time again on the 3rd honk and he jumped a little soon, but I run out 2nd grab 3rd, and poof, freakin' clutch smoke. and he is already shifting again, he shifted twice to my one time! WTF, my car is low geared with the 3.73s and 4cy T-5 and he pulled away pretty hard, I have a hard time believing he only had a lid, but no excuses, I lost. I had a passenger, he weighs aroun 260, and I got 275. Anyway, this camaro pulled freakin' hard on me, harder than any others, I don't think I got sprayed, but ya never know. Then I lined up against a LT1, I have beaten a few modded ones, pretty easily and we went from a roll, 35 mph I was in 3rd and downshifted back to 2nd and jumped a nose on him and then my damn car was screaming, it was moving but the damn tach was just hanging out at 6k? Grab third and reeled in him very quickly then 'bout that time, 4300k, a cloud of smoke from under the car, and that great smell again. Well that clutch is done now :nonono: :nonono: Looks like I will be replacing it next week, hell the tranny has the "death" wine now and I am afraid that the new clutch will spell the end it. I am gonna run the LS1 after I get the clutch in and do some more tweaking.

SSlayer96

Wheeeeeee!!
Established Member
Don't you think you need a better transmission...4cyl T-5 with all those mods you have listed? Yikes, surprised the tranny even held up for just that race let alone any other time.

Nice Death:beer: We've all had our share

SouthFL.02.SS

Established Member
Woulda fared better with a new clutch. No need to put "Damn" before our car though. "DAMN!@" will suffice however.

Nice runs. Fix the car!

TwoToneFreak

MMMM, Spintechs!!
Established Member
I know I am on borrowed time with that trans, but it was free and I didn't have the money for a "real" T-5 at the time. Hopefully I won't have any more problems arise with this engine for a while so I can put some money aside for a new trans/clutch combo and finally get to spray it! Yea I have know those LS1's are beast, especially modded ones. Its all in fun though. We will def. be running them once I get the driveline up to snuff. Thanks for the kind words. :beer: :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread