Owned by a C6 Vette

Mint Julep

Established Member
This morning, Avenue P heading eastbound towards the 14 South, ran what appeared to be a stock C6 vette. At the first light we came to, he went for it and I didn't pay any attention, but when we pulled up to the second light I knew he was on. Green light, I get some wheelspin but he just walks away from me. He had 3 cars by the time we shut down (which happened pretty fast).

Aside from the driver mod, I figure he HAS to have bolt-ons or something else that is clearly not apparent from looking at the car.

I don't race much but have never lost to another car....time to learn how to drive

Mint

Easy

Live Fast Die Fun
Established Member
Mint Julep said:
This morning, Avenue P heading eastbound towards the 14 South, ran what appeared to be a stock C6 vette. At the first light we came to, he went for it and I didn't pay any attention, but when we pulled up to the second light I knew he was on. Green light, I get some wheelspin but he just walks away from me. He had 3 cars by the time we shut down (which happened pretty fast).

Aside from the driver mod, I figure he HAS to have bolt-ons or something else that is clearly not apparent from looking at the car.

I don't race much but have never lost to another car....time to learn how to drive

Mint

my friend has one. they hook well in performance mode.

Tman

Established Member
Good death, however 3 cars on you by a stock C6 is a lot. My friends brother has one and before the kb I always walked him with similar hp numbers as yours.
Time for a port? :beer:

bunk22

Established Member
Not stock. Being a former owner of an 03 Cobra with similar mods to yours and now a C6 owner, a stock C6 would not walk your car with its mods, all else being equal (driver). There are head and cam C6's with 450+rwhp running around and are the equal of a stock C6 Z06. Even a cam only C6(with long-tubes and tune) can be in the 420+rwhp range and could probably give your car a run for its money. IMO, you probably ran into one of these types of C6's.

REPCobra10

Established Member
What the Hell happened :shrug: A C6 got 3 cars on you with your mods? He must have had some kind of mods and been one Hell of a driver to pull you like that, unless you can't drive for shit :poke: Anyways, don't sweat it man, we've all lost to a car we thought we could beat. Keep practicing your launching and your shifting, and maybe you'll get another shot at him on the street. Take it easy man.

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
I had a c6 come up on me on some open highway the other nite. We ran from about 80mph and I owned him so bad it was not even funny. He was definitely on it as I waited for him to go.

I would say you lost a driver's race, or he was spraying...

Last edited:

Mint Julep

Established Member
Based on what happened and the collective comments here, I believe this guy's ride was modified, but never got a chance to talk with him. Maybe next time....

Mint

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Maybe a Z06 with a base C6 hood and whatever else cosmetics? That would be one hell of a sleeper if that is possible.

Slow Vette

Highway Junkie
Established Member
well if u didn't hear at least an exhaust, he might of been runnin a direct port nitrous set up, but who kno's :shrug:

magred

Established Member
Big Ben said:
I had a c6 come up on me on some open highway the other nite. We ran from about 80mph and I owned him so bad it was not even funny. He was definitely on it as I waited for him to go.

I would say you lost a driver's race, or he was spraying...

If you still run that 12.7 you didn't own anyone. From a highway roll the C6 would be in its element and basically just have to press the accelerator.

6.0GTO

Established Member
Corvette may have been a bit short of this guy but just like all motors the power is there to be purchased. It would seem like even a 3800lb GTO could be low 11's with this dyno and a C6 in the 10's? Seems like the C6 must of had something done to it similar to this.

ETP 225's
SI7 cam
LT's
FAST 90
Corsa

attachment.php

CaDDy

Banned
^^^Wow those are nice numbers to be putting down in a 3200 lb vette.

BTW the place were that dyno is located is a few miles from my house and I've heard nothing but good things from Speed Inc.

300bhp/ton

I just like cars!!!
Established Member
ford_racer said:
Maybe a Z06 with a base C6 hood and whatever else cosmetics? That would be one hell of a sleeper if that is possible.
DoH!

:bash:

Yeah like no one ever thinks a Corvette is fast do they :rollseyes

:lol1: :)

bunk22

Established Member
Here's a dyno of an LA C6 local running around. Like said above, that's a lot of power in a 3200# car.

C_Williams said:
Andy, here's your dyno graph. Thanks again from all of us at A&A!

For those not familiar, 224/228 cam, Fast 90, ETP 215 Heads, Kooks headers...I trust Andy will correct me I forgot to mention any mods...:thumbs:

ANDYGS.GIF
[/IMG]

C6 Z06

Established Member
Keep in mind that C6's vary alot in performance. An auto C6 with a 2.73 rear is a 13 sec car stock, and that's a good driver. A 6SPD Z51 C6 will run 12.5 stock with 3.42 rear. I had headers and a tune on a C6 Z51 and it ran 12.0 @ 120. So if you run with a stock auto and win, don't expect the same if you run a 6SPD Z51. That's like running a 99 Cobra and an 03 and wondering why the 03 Cobra was so much faster.

How do I know! Because I just sold my C6 Z51 and still own an 06 auto and 06 Z06. All three cars feel so different. The auto feels slow as hell(before it was modded that is). Now add mods to any of these cars, as in the Cobra, and all bets are off. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread