Owned a newer Civic Si

bzubke1

Established Member
I was on my way back from the chicago auto show when I saw a car coming up fast in my rearview. It was a newer civic si sedan He got a long side me and he went to pass me. I was in the left lane and there was quite a bit of traffic so when he was beside me I gave it a little gas to show him I was down to race. He was behind me when traffic finally opened up, I saw him in my mirror going for the ricer fly by. When he was at my door I put the pedal down and we went at it till about ninety where I let off with about a car length on him he obviously kept speeding til he was out of sight because that's what ricers do. The kicker to the story is I was driving my girlfriends 2000 intrigue with four people in it. He was in his 2005ish civic sedan with no passengers. He probably felt like a jackass after that race. :burnout: Oldsmobile Intrigue FTW

Last edited:

Emin

Banned
I was on my way back from the chicago auto show when I saw a car coming up fast in my rearview. It was a newer civic si sedan He got a long side me and he went to pass me. I was in the left lane and there was quite a bit of traffic so when he was beside me I gave it a little gas to show him I was down to race. He was behind me when traffic finally opened up, I saw him in my mirror going for the ricer fly by. When he was at my door I put the pedal down and we went at it till about ninety where I let off with about a car length on him he obviously kept speeding til he was out of sight because that's what ricers do. The kicker to the story is I was driving my girlfriends 2000 intrigue with four people in it. He was in his 2005ish civic sedan with no passengers. He probably felt like a jackass after that race. :burnout: Oldsmobile Intrigue FTW
:bs: i saw a magazine where they got 14.7@ i believe 96 mph out of a new SI... ur intrugue is a high 15's car with out the passangers.

bzubke1

Established Member
Well edmunds got a 15.3 at 93 with a 2007 civic si sedan and I couldn't find anything on the intrigue but an aurora (a larger car) with the same motor and tranny did a 15.3 so I'm sure it was a legitimate race.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I though the Aurora ran that time with the 4.0 V8?

My little brother just raced a new SI in his 03 police package vic. 03 crown vics got updated heads, it seems its basically just the GT motor. He said that he stayed dead even with the SI but once he got up to about 65 the si started to creep away from him. He said the SI earned it, it was screaming.

281CJ

Established Member
ive seen a new stock Si do 14.3 at my local track. Tey arnt a slouch, you just have to know how to launch a tq-less car.

bzubke1

Established Member
the newer auroras had 4.0 v8 or a 3.5 v6. my guess was that he put the car in too high of gear plus it was a sedan. but the intrigue is decently quick on the highway,

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread