Owned a 2002 C5 Z06 . . . by bus lengths

996TTx50

Established Member
I was driving down the street in my modified 996TT when I came upon a beautiful red C5 Z06 (2002). As I pulled up next to him, he immediately hammered the gas peddle. There were too many cars around, so I stayed behind him until traffic cleared. The Z06 found an open stretch without any cars and again mashed the gas peddle. I slipped into the lane next to him and went WOT (after he already had the jump). I immediately pulled by him and put many, many cars on him. He rolled up next to me at the next light and we agreed to go to a nearby quite, wide open street for a couple of runs.

We went twice . . . both times from a slow roll. I put bus lengths on the Z06 both runs.

Afterwards, we chatted for a while. The Z06 owner is a very cool guy. He just bought the car a couple of weeks ago and he appeared quite surprised that something driven on the street could beat him so badly. Nevertheless, he remained a gentlemen and we had a nice chat. His car is gorgeous!

I am not surprised by the outcome, as I have prevailed over several C5 Z06s in the past, when I was using a considerably less powerful set-up. Now I need to find a C6 Z06!

996TTx50

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
how much power u pushin out again? sounds like ur car is evil fast LOL

definately look to race a C6 z... should be abit closer

Slo65

o harro ^_^
Established Member
from previous threads, i think he'd put the hurting on a stock c6 zo6 as well

02SVTLightning

Established Member
Yea I would be interested to know what kind of numbers you are putting down too. Good kill though.

pecten man

Established Member
nvthiszo6 said:
are you anywhere near SC, i would like to try you as well

No, live and work in Houston.

Seems like everyone is gunning for Z06s so I say "what the hell" and jump in the brawl... :pepper:

No secret with Turbos, you have to get the rpms up in order to spool those turbines - 2nd gear 40 mph 3300 rpm does it for me (I have a 3.42 rear BTW).

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
996TTx50 said:
Now I need to find a C6 Z06!996TTx50
Screw the C6 Z06! I'd take a Porsche over virtually ANY American car! It has class, sohpistication, incredible handling, and doesn't have an interior that looks like it was lifted out of an Impala in an $80,000+ car! The Vette has a strong motor and great suspension, but that it...the rest of the car is very, "American."

-Mike

996TTx50

Established Member
Orr89rocz said:
how much power u pushin out again? sounds like ur car is evil fast LOL

02SVTLightning said:
Yea I would be interested to know what kind of numbers you are putting down too. Good kill though.

I have never dynoed my car, but based on the dyno numbers for a different car using many of the same components (including the same turbos), my best guestimate is 950 hp at the crank.

996TTx50

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
996TTx50 said:
I have never dynoed my car, but based on the dyno numbers for a different car using many of the same components (including the same turbos), my best guestimate is 950 hp at the crank.

996TTx50
with mods, including new turbos, how come you never got a dyno tune? how do you know that your tune is safe? (even though your obviously doing quite well- spanking everything out there) does your custom programming monitor a/f and just goes from there? sorry for all the q's, im just curious. i know a tt porsche and a mustang are quite different, hence my ignorance. geez, if i did all that extra work on mine, id have to know the numbers. btw, nice car!

Last edited:

996TTx50

Established Member
meaty mac said:
with mods, including new turbos, how come you never got a dyno tune? how do you know that your tune is safe? (even though your obviously doing quite well- spanking everything out there) does your custom programming monitor a/f and just goes from there? sorry for all the q's, im just curious. i know a tt porsche and a mustang are quite different, hence my ignorance. geez, if i did all that extra work on mine, id have to know the numbers. btw, nice car!

The program was created on a dyno for a car using many of the same components (including the same turbos and fuel system, etc.). I have a wideband A/F meter in my car, so I monitor the ratio.

996TTx50

horseplay

Crazy MMA Junkie
Established Member
You have a monster on ur hands.... I personally love the 911 turbos :coolman:, 996TTx50 if you could.. I would like to get some pictures of your car and if you dont mind ill put them on my website picture archive.

Last edited:

USBlueStage2

Established Member
2004 Porsche 996 X-50 Turbo Cabriolet

"Road and Track" magazine called this 996 twin turbo X-50 "the fastest production car ever built!". Though not published, the horsepower is estimated at 494hp. The 996, X-50 in the Cabriolet model is extremely rare. Performance data includes 0-60mph in 3.7 seconds and 0-100 to 0 in 13 seconds! Blindingly fast, the 996 has all wheel drive and the handling performance of a true race car.

Now, a tuner advertises a Stage 3 kit for 9,995 which adds about 150 hp.

Porsche 996 Twin Turbo/ GT2/ X50 3 154hp 142tq $9,995
ECU software program, filter, high flow cat converters/ mufflers, bi-pass valves, headers

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread