overpriced?

99mustanggt27

Established Member
there is an 03 redfire cobra on a car lot near me thats been there for upwards of a year now and im just waiting for him to drop his price, it has 55k miles, smaller pulley (not sure of size) and has silverline exhaust, also has some sort of black cobra wheels with 315's on back, car is in amazing shape, no rock chips, interior looks great, but he's asking 21k for the car, im just not sure its worth it...ive seen much better deals on here but its just the fact that this car sits not but 10 miles from my house which makes it easier, im trying to get him to take 17k but i dont think he's buying that offer.

he also has an...02 ..aleast i think its an 02, rousch 360r thats red with white stripes with upper 40k miles on it and only mod is magnaflow exhaust, he wants 16500 for it if anyones interested.

ejanderson05gt

Established Member
Nope, not worth it. Like you said, the ones on this site are priced way better. Take into account the cost it might take to ship a car from another forum member, you'll still be in one for a lot less than what that guy's asking.

thecrimson

Derpin
Established Member
If there's one thing I've learned about buying cars it's to be patient and find the right one.... Pitch him 19.5 and let him simmer for a few weeks. If he really needs the money or the car gone, you'd be surprised at how low he might go.

99mustanggt27

Established Member
what pisses me off is he said "im in no hurry to sell it, its got the "terminator" engine" lmao, he obviously has no idea what the car really is and he wont budge on the price, yeah ive seen cobras with less mileage that are whippled/kb that are going for less than that one on here. i wish i could just get it through his head

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
If there's one thing I've learned about buying cars it's to be patient and find the right one.... Pitch him 19.5 and let him simmer for a few weeks. If he really needs the money or the car gone, you'd be surprised at how low he might go.

Horseshit :) .... OP... Walk up to him with 18 in CASH ... cold hard CASH and I bet he will take it ..

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I'd do it just to be...an a$$ if he would take 18k u KNOW he would do 17,999:rockon:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

it is amazing what laying out a pile of 100 dollar bills will do to change a guys mind about how much he will take for his car. you start laying those greenbacks out on the hood of the car and watch him get less and less greedy about how much his car is worth

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Very true but I don't wanna take out a loan just for him to turn it down lol, seems like a hassle
then you don't want the car that bad LOL! ... yeah it's a hassle but if he turns it down you simply go in and pay the loan off, in full, or go get another car

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
Going up to him and making an offer is one thing, but going up to him and making an offer with cold hard cash in hand is another...hell thats how I was able to knock off $2k off my truck which was already a good price to begin with.

Users who are viewing this thread