overpowering slappers?

speedfreek88

-Skinny Pimp Racing-
Established Member
since i put the kb on ive been looking at all the options for traction bars. ive been considering lakewoods because theyre cheap and i have bassani exhaust. after doing some research ive seen a few reports of people overpowering the slappers and having to resort to some other device. at what power level does this usually happen? i found this pic that shows a drag truck using what appears to be slappers and if it can do this then i dont think its possible to overpower them! thoughts? :shrug:

s10torque.jpg

fuzzie

AKA---Silver04'L
Established Member
There is a video of Glen Wilkin's Red Lightning overpowering his slappers. His back left tire comes off the ground. I'll try and find the video.

DolSVT00

Established Member
Its not that they dont work, every frame type and weight distribution is different. On a lightning the best I could manage is 1.59x 60's with slapper's (Truk-Trax) anything harder than that and they would "unload" the suspension.

This is almost exactly what they did to me, Watch the video and you will see.

Video - Video has been recovered, please update description and title

WhiteBolt

Engine Master
Established Member
since i put the kb on ive been looking at all the options for traction bars. ive been considering lakewoods because theyre cheap and i have bassani exhaust. after doing some research ive seen a few reports of people overpowering the slappers and having to resort to some other device. at what power level does this usually happen? i found this pic that shows a drag truck using what appears to be slappers and if it can do this then i dont think its possible to overpower them! thoughts? :shrug:

s10torque.jpg

Looks like the LR shock is broken in that photo or something let go on the left side suspension.
Any car that torques over that badly on launch has something screwed up in their suspension.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread