Overheating

chocolatehammer

Established Member
Hi, first off I'm new to this forum and I've been searching a little bit around here, and as much as i hate to post the same questions you've all seen a thousands times before, im having a hard time finding clear information on my topic. I purchased a '98 Cobra last week and drove it from Denver to Phoenix where I live, made the trip great. Today I was out running some erands in our legendary phoenix heat. The car started off with the air conditioning getting warm, i figured maybe the freon needed to be recharged. ok, thats alright i guess. Well, no thats a mistake. After I leave the second stop on my errand list I look down at the temp guage and see its almost pegged on the H. This cant be good, so i pull over in a drug store parking lot and let it sit for about a half hour. I come back out start it and the temp guage drops back to the middle. I shut off the A/C and drive it home with the winodws down, I get there fine. So heres my question, Ive seen many refrences to a "TSB" or "TBS" but im not sure what that means. I know these cars had a recall on them, it sounds like its realted to the cooling system. Any information regarding a "TBS" or a "TSB" and what exactly has been recalled would certainly be appreciated. Thank you!

Iso

Sounds fast
Established Member
i think the cooling issue was on 96 cobras, have you checked to see if your fan is coming on?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread