Overheating

1998SVTCOBRA

With all due respect...
Established Member
Hey guys,

The car has been overheating on me again; its fine driving around, but as soon as I get in traffic or stoplight to stoplight, up it goes. It seems like the electric fan is not kicking on. I have recently ripped out the A/C and condenser, put in a new thermostat, and put in a new mishimoto radiator. I checked the fuses for the fan and they seem fine. Maybe just something didn't get plugged back in with the recent installs; or perhaps the fan has finally kick the bucket? Should the fan still kick on when I put the A/C on even though its been pulled out, because that is not happening?

Last edited:

96gt02

Established Member
Its pretty easy to see if your fan is working or not, and if the car is getting past the half mark your fans should certainly come on so if they dont then either your fuse popped or fan motor

Outtaluck SVT

Established Member
Start with checking to see if ur fan is coming on if it is you most likely have an air pocket in the cooling system and need to reburp the system. What thermostat did you use?

1998SVTCOBRA

With all due respect...
Established Member
Pretty positive the fan is not coming on; shop appointment scheduled for Wednesday. I used a Steeda 180* thermostat.

**Edit - it was the CCRM.

***Edit 2 - replaced the CCRM and it is now sending a good signal to the fan, but the fan rejecting the high output feed and the fan actually runs slower on high than the low setting. New fan ordered, hoping this is the last thing.

Last edited:

1998SVTCOBRA

With all due respect...
Established Member
The saga continues. The Ford tech ended up finding a resister wired into the Tycho replacement fan that shouldn't have been there for the 98. Pulled it out and it worked for about 4 months up until this last week and it went out. I have ordered the SR 16in high performance fan from American Muscle. Hoping it fits okay.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread