overheating problems

91frppgt

Banned
a few weeks back, my car over-heated sitting in traffic. this is the first problem i have ever had with the car. anyways, i pull over and check everything out..let the car sit for a while, turned on the heater and it got back to operating temp. i thought maybe the temp gauge was messing up, no biggie... i planed on replacing it anyways.

so yesterday we are sitting in traffic, a/c on windows up and i notice my a/c start to blow hot air, look at the temp gauge and its starting to climb. turn the heater on, windows down and get it off the road asap. now i'm starting to get pissed...
but it gets better, i just got back from the dealer and they won't warranty it. the car has 50k miles on it, I was told the POWERTRAIN warranty was 5 years/60k miles.

cliffnotes: driving down the highway a/c on, car runs within operating temp, but sitting in traffic the car will overheat. I do have a 160 thermistat i never put in.

any of you guys have any suggestions on what it could be?

Thump_rrr

Established Member
Do you have a tune in the car?
Do you own a tuner either Diablosport or SCT?
With either of these tuners you can watch the temperatures of the sensors, see at what temps the fan is being commanded on.
You will also be able to change the temps the fans turn on.

Have you checked the cooling system?
Cap holding proper pressure?
System full and bled at the crossover tube?
What percentage of glycol are you running?
Is the water pump moving water?
Is the fan running on both low and high speed?

Users who are viewing this thread