Overheating help

Wfc2009

Established Member
I have a built 2v running high compression (12.8:1), e85, and a procharger @ 11 psi. Today I was picking it up from the exhaust shop and drove about 10 miles to town where I had to set in traffic for about 15 min at which point the car suddenly overheated and puked antifreeze. One thing I noticed is the fan didnt come on at all. I checked the fuse for it and it was good the fan had been working the week before. Any ideas of what to check next thermostat? Ccrm? Temp sensor? Btw the car does have studded heads and has no signs of a blown head gasket. Any help will be appreciated

cobra1922

Established Member
That happened to me once and found out that the electrical connector got loose at the fan and was just sitting there looking like it was connected.

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
If it's isn't overheating while moving, only while sitting still it's probably the pigtail connector from the wiring harness to the fan. They have a tendency to melt and make poor connections. Inspect the plug and if it looks melted or disfigured, you can get a new one for like 23 dollars. I know Two Rivers Ford in Nashville carries them. They may have to order, but, they can get it in a couple days. In 15 years, I have had to replace 2.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
still have AC? if so just turn the ac on with the car running to see if the fan is coming on at all, that should default it to the high speed for the fan

Users who are viewing this thread