over spinning an F1C?

vic_s197

Established Member
I just recently upgraded from an f1a to an f1c on my 05 Mustang gt, I'm running a cog drive setup with a 77 tooth lower and 40 tooth upper, at 7000 rpm the blower is turning 72000 rpm and making 19 psi, this is with blower cams, heads, intake, I want to throw a 36-37 tooth upper but it would be spinning the blower around 78000-80000 rpm, has anybody had any issues over spinning these blowers? I talked to 2 big performance shops and they said it would be fine over spinning it they didn't say how much though, I originally wanted to spray instead of throwing more boost at it but they said not a good idea on that much boost. What do you guys think?

01yellercobra

Established Member
I've never overspun a blower, but my thoughts are this.... You're only at the max rpm a couple seconds. It's not a sustained rpm. That's why people are able to overspin the blowers. It's spending a majority of the time well under max rpm.

vic_s197

Established Member
That's the way I'm thinking too, I'm gonna do it but just trying to make the decision of getting the 36 tooth or 37 tooth, it would help me out a lot in the lower end I'm just trying to get the most out of this setup

Users who are viewing this thread