over heating !!!!!!!!!!!!

427' Cobra

Honda Sucks
Established Member
i just bought a 86 mustang with a 93 motor bulit and it over heats as soon as u start it and there is no water in the oil i jst change the thermostat the dip stick is so hot u can't touch it and i think it might be the head gasket and or a cracked head i have not got the chane to take a good look but could someone help me on a starting point any advice is good thanks

Last edited:

alotahp92gt

Established Member
i dont know

check the fan and see if it is woking right

replace your water pump and flush your coolent system

Last edited:

427' Cobra

Honda Sucks
Established Member
thermostat is new but when i turn the car off i can hear it sizzling in the passenger side head before it gets to the water pump so that is why i think it is a head gasket any one else think the same

03BlownSnake

SVT Tech
Established Member
thats why I said you should do a block test... It can tell you right away if you have a head gasket issue. I bet you can pick 1 up like at autozone or something. I doubt it cost more then $30 to buy

03BlownSnake

SVT Tech
Established Member
no. a block test is basically a test used by placing a special liquid in a container and "sniffs" through your radiator cap if any CO's (I think its that, maybe Im wrong)... Most of them are blue liquids, when you use it and it turns a yellowish color it means you have a blown head gasket. I dont know how to describe it excactly.. does it make sense? Its not a hard test by no means, anyone can do it.

427' Cobra

Honda Sucks
Established Member
ok thanks when i go to autozone or whichever do i ask for a block test kit or something sorry i'm asking so many ?'s but i just want to get it right before i do anything

03BlownSnake

SVT Tech
Established Member
you should be able to walk into a autozone or pepboys and ask for a block tester, they should know. It has nothing to do with a guage, so if the try selling you something with a mechanical/dial type gauge, thats not what you want

427' Cobra

Honda Sucks
Established Member
i went today and got the block test but i did not do it yet i just got done doing a dry comperssion test and i got 2 cylinders one on each side that are at 130 and the rest are at 140 and one of the spark plugs that read 130 look wet fouled

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
have you verified that your getting fire to the cylinders that had wet plugs. Which cylinders are they?

427' Cobra

Honda Sucks
Established Member
i just got done taking the motor apart it's not even a roller rocker motor somewhere along the line some on changed this motor i am putting new head gaskets in it and having the heads rebuilt

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
was it suppose to have roller rockers?

The way you described it, I thought it was just a 93 5.0 which wouldn't have roller rockers.

427' Cobra

Honda Sucks
Established Member
opps i mean't to say roller tappets it doesn't have roller tappets and the firing order is this 1,5,4,2,6,3,7,8 does any one know what this motor could be i mean what year it could be well any ways i just order a new edelbrock intake manifold and next wek i am going to get a carb and distributor yes i am goin to a carb motor because when i bought this car (1 week ago) the car ran like shit and the fuel injection system was a piece os shit i don't know what this guy did but i'm just goin to make it easier and go to carb but thanks everyone for ur help

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread