Over heating problem

raymond0601

Established Member
Anyone have any idea where I can buy a good condenser with better fins for my 1996 cobra ?
Also how do take out the condenser and do ac ? Any help would be amazing .. I really need it .

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Does this mean you think your AC condenser is causing you to overheat??

I forget the years but there was one where. The condenser had too many fins per inch and the cars ran hot. This has come up several times recently and info was posted on what to order

You have to drain the radiator and remove it to get the condenser out. Legally you're supposed to have the ac system evacuated by a shop and then recharged when the job is done. The system is under VERY high pressure and just unhooking it would be a very bad idea

nomoretickets

Established Member
I forget the years but there was one where. The condenser had too many fins per inch and the cars ran hot. This has come up several times recently and info was posted on what to order

The 1996 Cobras had too many fins per inch, and was limiting airflow to the radiator. There was a service order put out by ford, and most 96's had the condenser replaced with a newer design pursuant to that. There is a thread on this pinned in the sticky's if anyone is curious. 97 and 98's were the new design that flowed better.

raymond0601

Established Member
I put a 97-98 in it but it still over heating I tried too burp it and nothing happened ? Is there a certain procedure ?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

raymond0601

Established Member
But I'm taking it into the shop in Tuesday too get the gauges and burp done also too recharge the ac I did just put a brand new condenser radiator and fan and ac compressor in it so . I'm hoping the burping goes well and it runs fine .

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member

raymond0601

Established Member
What engine coolant outlet tube ? Which one there are 2 of them ?

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
What engine coolant outlet tube ? Which one there are 2 of them ?

It's the Crossover tube you are looking for. It's a black metal tube that goes in front of the alternator. Has a plug on the top with a hole for a 1/4" socket.

CzchMex

Established Member
If you don't burp the system with the crossover tube, then you will never completely get the air out. I've never had an overheating problem.

But then again I have a 3-core radiator, which helps a lot. But even before I didn't have issues. Only had higher temps when air was in the system

Race Red Boss

Established Member
I've had the issue of the air pocket in the system (after Ford Quick Lane didn't follow the proper procedure....Grrrrr!) and also recently a situation where the connector to the fan wasn't apparently making a solid connection and causing the temp to rise. Bought some dielectric grease, disconnected the connector and put some on the male leads and female side, put it back together and fan has worked fine since. If you turn on your AC the fan should run.....and if it doesn't, check the connector at the fan. I wiggled mine a bit and it came on which led me to giving the dielectric grease a try.

Users who are viewing this thread