Over axle pipes

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
just with and offroad x and my kooks catback it woke the neighbors on cold starts. To me the over axle pieces give the car a more healthy sound and tone.

I have a video floating around on here somewhere.

RioRed4v

Established Member
When i had the corsa sports, headers, x pipe with cats - but still full mid pipes with resonators it was quiet at idle and under 2000 low throttle, but got loud after that. sounded excellent and although it was too loud for me, it was tolerable because corsa / kooks just sound great.

but a corsa extreme is soo tiny! not only that, your neighbors will not be pleased in the morning when you wake everyone up in a 5 house radius.

corsa are my favorite sound but if you are doing other stuff to the exhaust get ready for volume.

Not sure whether to be scared or excited lol

I don't really have any big exhaust plans. Probably go with the Lethal X-pipe, keep the cats for now, Corsa Extreme's and possibly the over-axle pipes.

RioRed4v

Established Member
Well as much as I wanted to stick with 3" pieces, I think i'm going to go with the JPC ones. I couldn't find any 3" pipes sold seperated outside of a catback, and with the catback I had read some issues with fitment and sometimes making the sensors go wacky for the AdvanceTrac. I also started to doubt the gains I might see with 3" over the 2 3/4" pipes, and the 2 3/4 were already shown to see nice gains. Plus with my power level, I doubt I would take full advantage of 3".

Ordering up my Lethal X-pipe, going to use the stock cats for now, JPC over-axles and Corsa Extreme. Hopefully it doesn't sound obnoxious haha

*edit* Right after I placed my order, Kooks finally called me back about the over-axle pipes. Fwiw, if anyone is interested, they do offer some. The price I was given was $393.61. So $100 more than the JPC pieces, and Lethal offers a 5% discount on the JPC ones if you use the SVTP discount code.

Last edited:

pohnjarker

Established Member
at first i bought the Heartthrob axle back by itself...sounded great.

now i have cat delete(Jegs/Heartthrob), catback H-Pipe with resonators, and Heartthrob axle back...all 3" piping. sounds beastly when i get on it

Users who are viewing this thread