Outside car cover - California Car Cover

Kevstang00

Established Member
Hi!

I'll move in about 2 month and will lost my garage in the same time. Sad time for my always garage kept black Cobra. What is the best outside car cover to have from CCC? The Noah seems to be a popular choice, Ultraweave too and there's the top of the line Superweave and Superweave HD but is it worth the price tag of 320 $ and 420 $ ?

My car will be outside only in the summer. Which one offers the best fit (wind resistance) and water resistance?

Thanks!

Last edited:

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
This is the one I ordered a while back. When I first bought it, I was storing the car outside. Now it is in the garage and I still use the cover after I clean up the car and park it. Seems to fit good and is built well. not sure about heavy winds though. The previous cover I used always blew off the car when the wind would pick up over 15mph. not sure about this one though.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/cvc-cfwshd/overview/year/2003/make/ford/model/mustang

Kevstang00

Established Member
Covercraft claims it’s water resistant, what can I expect? I konw this is not 100 % waterproof but I hope that my car will not need a wash everytime it rains.

mnewxcv

Established Member
I know nothing about car covers. But depending what you end up getting, if you can find one at advance auto parts, you can get a pretty good discount if you order online with coupon codes.

TRT30: 30% off sitewide
WD22: $50 off $125 or more

Merlinii

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
Established Member
I live in Sunny South Florida. It gets hot! We have lots of wind and rain.
I have had my truck under a Covercraft Weathershield HD for four years.

It's like having a garage in your driveway. Excellent choice for my weather.

Merlinii

Established Member
I know nothing about car covers. But depending what you end up getting, if you can find one at advance auto parts, you can get a pretty good discount if you order online with coupon codes.

TRT30: 30% off sitewide
WD22: $50 off $125 or more

I've tried quite a few covers. They tear in the wind. or worse as they are flapping around from air getting under them the dirt that gets under the cover scratches your paint.

A LOT of the materials that cover folks have are the same, some are proprietary. The BIG difference in cover folks is the patterns they have and a quality fit to your body style.

There are MANY different types of cover materials. Some soft indoor ONLY. Some thick to protect from bump dings. Some are made for outdoor and SOME you can put in a washer.

A QUALITY cover is worth the cost. The Covercraft Weathershield HD has a five year replacement warranty...that they do stand behind.

Merlinii

Established Member
Here's a little Googling I thought I'd share...

Any cover used outdoor must breath readily, resist dust infiltration, and be secured tightly to the vehicle to prevent the wind from moving it around.

The California Car Cover "Superweave" material, as they call it, is simply Weathershield HP. It's manufactured by Nextec under their Epic Fabrics umbrella whom are a very popular manufacturer of fabrics for outdoors clothing, tents etc.

It's the exact material used by CoverCraft and a host of other car cover manufacturers - and this is tell-able by the fact it has a few Weathershield HP tags sewn to it (probably part of the agreement when buying the material) - and they include a Weathershield HP Use & Care Instruction sheet with the cover. After a bit of Google-Fu, I'm fairly certain they also get CoverCraft to make them.

NOTE: Weathershield HP is a totally different material than Weathershield HD

Car Cover Fabrics Comparison Chart Click on the top tabs for more material info.

96Mystic1189

Established Member
I have CCC ultraweave and I have been very happy with it. However you have to wash the car periodically because it will let dust through while keeping moisture out.

Users who are viewing this thread