Out with the Stage IV!

04torchred

Established Member
Special Blend said:
Never got on the Dyno. Matthew's shop was broken into on wednesday night so we had to cancel. Hopefully i'll get it done in a couple weeks now.

That is really shitty man! I am having a bitch of a time getting in this week, look like I maybe SOL this week. Sent an email to Davenport and I am also going to send one to the Mustang shop. Hope I get in.

compcobra

Established Member
Guys a little off topic ,but as a fellow albertan which brand of gas do you feel performs and works the best in your cobras?

04torchred

Established Member
Special Blend said:
I personally use Husky or Mohawk 94. Run it in both cars and it seems to work quite well.

Husky has 94 octane? What station. I am off to the dyno today and Hermann sent me a 93 octane tune, but I don't know where to get 93 octane at. I would really like to see if there is much difference in power between the two tunes.

I normally just run 91 where ever I can find it. Esso, Petro, etc.

Is the Mohawk 94 the ethanol stuff, I would just watch out because it can dry out your injectors.

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
Ya i'm pretty sure it is the ethanol blend. I never heard anything about injectors. I've heard if you are only going to run 91 to use Shell. That is what Martin in Edmonton said. He's tuned thousands of cars and said it is the best 91 gas.
The Husky is on Macleod trail south though. North of the Back Alley.

04torchred

Established Member
Easy said:
well heres a vid with a stage 4 port and a 2.76! found it on streetfire, dont know any info about this.

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/cobra/0/74F09516-13C8-4439-97A3-2286F9C71EC1.htm

That last car was Myth's and he is running the big comp cams as well. I just got off the dyno, full heat soaked with two back to back runs I put down 454/451 SAE correct on a dynojet. This is with only 18 degrees of timing so it should pick up some more once Hermann throws 21 degrees in it and plays with a bit of the data I sent him. How much I don't know. I spun really bad on the first pull so that run was a wash. Overall I am pretty happy with it, especially since I know there is more left in it for sure.

compcobra

Established Member
Special Blend said:
Ya i'm pretty sure it is the ethanol blend. I never heard anything about injectors. I've heard if you are only going to run 91 to use Shell. That is what Martin in Edmonton said. He's tuned thousands of cars and said it is the best 91 gas.
The Husky is on Macleod trail south though. North of the Back Alley.

I think I will probably get the car tuned on Shell 91 since that is the most available to me and when I am in Edmonton use the 94 Husky. Wasn't Shell the ones who were having trouble with all the fuel gauge malfuctions caused by their fuel? I am sure they have their formulation fixed by now though. One thing I do look for is the old style pump with the separate hose for premium. I heard the pumps with one hose and the grade selection buttons are not a good idea. If the person before you got regular, how much regular are you getting through the one hose before the premium comes out?

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
04torchred said:
That last car was Myth's and he is running the big comp cams as well. I just got off the dyno, full heat soaked with two back to back runs I put down 454/451 SAE correct on a dynojet. This is with only 18 degrees of timing so it should pick up some more once Hermann throws 21 degrees in it and plays with a bit of the data I sent him. How much I don't know. I spun really bad on the first pull so that run was a wash. Overall I am pretty happy with it, especially since I know there is more left in it for sure.

Was this on Davenports Dyno?
How does the car feel now. Probably quite the change from before hey?
I'm gonna try to setup some pulls for May 11th.

04torchred

Established Member
Special Blend said:
Was this on Davenports Dyno?
How does the car feel now. Probably quite the change from before hey?
I'm gonna try to setup some pulls for May 11th.

Yeah they were on Davenports dyno. Car feels a lot better now, can break free in 2nd gears now, if I am not perfectly straight. Hooks not bad, but you can feel it try and slip the tires in 2nd now. Can't wait till Hermann throws a couple more degrees in it and I pick up some more tq. I am quite happy with it.

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
04torchred said:
Yeah they were on Davenports dyno. Car feels a lot better now, can break free in 2nd gears now, if I am not perfectly straight. Hooks not bad, but you can feel it try and slip the tires in 2nd now. Can't wait till Hermann throws a couple more degrees in it and I pick up some more tq. I am quite happy with it.

LoL I know that feeling now as well. The other day I was showing my brothers best friend how she ran and it started breaking loose on the highway in 3rd at around 130kph.
I was a little surprised to say the least.

04torchred

Established Member
Special Blend said:
LoL I know that feeling now as well. The other day I was showing my brothers best friend how she ran and it started breaking loose on the highway in 3rd at around 130kph.
I was a little surprised to say the least.

That is wild, you must be making some pretty good juice. Can't wait to see it.

SVTContique

04torchred said:

Are you DRIVEN2 on SVTOA? Rob?

Easy

Live Fast Die Fun
Established Member
i can get completely sideways and in 2nd gear. i need to let off so i dont loose it. if i start at 50 in 3rd, i break em loose around 4k-4.5k and then it hooks back up until redline.

firemedic

EH!
Established Member
Sure screams now, huh Blend!!!!

I dyno'd a couple weeks ago with my ported Eaton, 534.8 RWHP on a Dyno Dynamics Dyno in Victoria. Real happy since I did the port myself and picked up +35 hp. A/F 11.2-11.9.

Maf is pegged at 4.92V and FPDC is getting there. Have to add the MAFia, BAP.

Let us know how it turns out.

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
Ya I actually have Dyno time on Thursday again on a MD600. Haven't driven it for a couple weeks. I'm not expecting very large #'s on this dyno, it always is a lot lower but that is not important. I want to be sure of my A/F and tweak if needed.

firemedic

EH!
Established Member
Special Blend said:
Ya I actually have Dyno time on Thursday again on a MD600. Haven't driven it for a couple weeks. I'm not expecting very large #'s on this dyno, it always is a lot lower but that is not important. I want to be sure of my A/F and tweak if needed.

Hope it is all good.

Users who are viewing this thread